Hyatt inside MCO

which one did you stay at? we are booked at POR Royal room but are used to our stay at the Grand Floridian... will we hate POR?

We have stayed numerous times at both POR and GF. We liked POR but we LOVE GF. Honestly, there is a big difference. POR is by no means a bad hotel but deluxe hotels are a lot nicer than any moderate, IMO. I think moderates and deluxes are extremely different, which is why Disney charges double the price for deluxes than they do moderates.

Fair enough. I guess there will be times when the Hyatt turns out cheaper than staying that night at your deluxe resort and in those instances, a person needs to weigh whether they want the cost savings or the convenience. But similarly, I'd imagine there are times when the Hyatt is busy (for whatever reason) and their price is high and an individual has a promotional rate on their deluxe room. In the latter scenario, the price difference isn't as great so the reasons for staying there make less sense.

But at the end of the day, the benefit (or lack thereof) of staying there will vary for everyone depending on their WDW resort, the Hyatt price that night, time of year, etc.

You're contradicting yourself. If you stayed at a moderate resort on your arrival night and wanted to transfer to your deluxe resort the next day, you simply pack up and leave your bags at bell services to transfer them, and then head out to the parks. When you're done at the parks, you just head to your deluxe resort and your bags will have been transferred there for you. It's easier than staying at the Hyatt - where you still would have to pack up and transfer to another hotel 30 minutes away.

Now, if you're a self-declared "hotel snob" and just won't stay at a moderate, then that's a different scenario and personal preference.

No, I am not contradicting myself. To me, if you get on the ME and go straight to your WDW hotel, drop the bags and then go to the parks for the day, it's better than switching resorts in the am, from one Disney resort to another. This is MY opinion, if you want to stay at a value and then switch your resort in the am, go ahead, it works for you. We do split stays and switching the resort in the middle of the vacation isn't super quick.

I would prefer to go on to my resort - the Hyatt at MCO is EXPENSIVE and I'm the one who doesn't mind shelling out 400 each on my nieces and nephews at Christmas -

We have stayed numerous times at both POR and GF. We liked POR but we LOVE GF. Honestly, there is a big difference. POR is by no means a bad hotel but deluxe hotels are a lot nicer than any moderate, IMO. I think moderates and deluxes are extremely different, which is why Disney charges double the price for deluxes than they do moderates.
Well we are only staying 2 nights this June at POR then 6 nights in August at the GF. We will manage.

which one did you stay at? we are booked at POR Royal room but are used to our stay at the Grand Floridian... will we hate POR?

My last stay was at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. The room itself was fairly nice. But, it's still a nice room with exterior entry that was about 0.25 miles from important amenities like food. I wasn't bothered by the distance as much as the fact that the it was impossible to get there without getting wet. (It rained a ton during that stay. Getting drenched walking back from getting coffee was not pleasant.)

For the record, I do spend more time in my hotel rooms than most people. I run my own business, so I pretty much work on every vacation. Because there are people walking past your windows all day long, I felt like I needed to keep the drapes closed for privacy. That's not something you have to worry about in a hotel with interior corridors.

Will you hate it? Probably not, as long as you have reasonable expectations. Some people actually prefer Disney's Moderate (or even Value) Resorts over the Deluxe properties.

No, I am not contradicting myself. To me, if you get on the ME and go straight to your WDW hotel, drop the bags and then go to the parks for the day, it's better than switching resorts in the am, from one Disney resort to another. This is MY opinion, if you want to stay at a value and then switch your resort in the am, go ahead, it works for you. We do split stays and switching the resort in the middle of the vacation isn't super quick.

I respect your opinion and agree that to each his/her own, whatever works best for each family. But you did contradict yourself when you said:

It's not that easy moving from one hotel to the next.

That's exactly what you are doing by staying at the Hyatt and moving resorts the next day. As I mentioned, you do NOT need to switch resorts in the morning before going to the parks when staying on-site. You simply give your bags to the bellmen to transfer and go on about your day. You don't have to go to your new resort until you're done for the day. IMO, it's also much easier to make rope drop and have a full day at the park if you don't have to wake up early and board DME first thing in the morning. You may get to bed later the night before by going straight to WDW, but you'd be getting up earlier the next morning by staying at the Hyatt. So it's a trade-off.

We can agree to disagree, but I think it's good for other people considering the pros and cons to see both sides. It's not always logical to stay at the Hyatt, particularly when there's little to no financial savings involved.

We have stays booked at the Hyatt MCO for June, August and November. I am using points for all bookings so cost isn't a factor. We arrive at 11:00pm in June, 9:30pm in August and 8:00pm in November. Plan to sleep overnight and board ME first thing in the AM.

Never mind. Back at the Grand. I bit the bullet and paid up.

Never mind. Back at the Grand. I bit the bullet and paid up.

I am by no means one to waste money but staying at the GF and POR cannot be compared. My husband and I work hard all year and when it's time to vacation, a trip to the deluxes is like paradise. This year we are staying in BWI/GF for 7 nights. TBH, there is nothing bad I can say about the deluxe hotels in Disney, except their price:thumbsup2but like anything else, you get what you pay for. We had a great stay at the GF last year, that's why we are going back this year. Enjoy!

I am by no means one to waste money but staying at the GF and POR cannot be compared. My husband and I work hard all year and when it's time to vacation, a trip to the deluxes is like paradise. This year we are staying in BWI/GF for 7 nights. TBH, there is nothing bad I can say about the deluxe hotels in Disney, except their price:thumbsup2but like anything else, you get what you pay for. We had a great stay at the GF last year, that's why we are going back this year. Enjoy!
Yes, I'm so excited to be back "home". It's already showing in MDE.

Our flight is landing at 11:56pm. Our Disney reservation is for the following day. We booked the Hyatt inside the airport to sleep for a few hours before we get the magical express to our hotel.
My question is, are there any discounts for this hotel? We got the AAA discount but it still costs a lot for about 6 hours being there to sleep.
We know we can get something cheaper but figured since it’s so late we should just stay put.
Thank you!!
I recommend sleeping for 8 to 9 hours. Walk to McDonalds or Starbucks for breakfast. Checkout by noon. Board Magical Express. :)

Our situation is the opposite. It's the end of our trip, post cruise. Our flight is a day after we disembark at 10am. We are debating on whether to visit Disney Springs and stay in a DTD area hotel that evening or to book the Hyatt, turn in the rental car early and stay there for the evening before our 10am flight home the next day. It's more expensive to stay at the Hyatt, but maybe less stress the next morning getting to the flight. Or we could have a nice meal at Disney Springs and have one last evening in Florida before heading back to the cold in Canadian March! :cold:

Maybe the Hyatt inside MCO is the best place to stay if you have a late flight.
WDW resort room choices and requests maybe better if you arrive at the WDW resort
first thing in the morning (maybe 10 am to give CM's a chance to have their morning meeting and/or coffee) ;)

Just stayed here the night of the 16th and the hotel and staff blew me away. Can't wait until our next stay in August.

I stayed there last summer--I was meeting a girlfriend, and we were flying in from different cities. It was significantly cheaper for me to fly in the night before our Disney reservation and I had a ton of Hyatt points to burn. I also had the option to stay at a Hilton, as my mom is a GM and could get me a room for dirt cheap. I briefly considered a value (which would have been the priciest option), but decided getting to ride ME with my friend AND the fact that the Hyatt was free made it the right option.

Honestly, it was fantastic. The staff was lovely, the room was large and it was SO nice to simply walk from baggage claim to my room close to midnight. I wasn't traveling with children, but I could imagine how it'd be so much easier to settle kids in the hotel room and get them right to sleep instead of shlepping them on ME and dealing with the check in process in the middle of the night. The ONLY negative for me was that I found the sheets scratchy, but I'm guessing that's on me and my sensitive skin, as no one else I've ever talked to had the same experience.

The ONLY negative for me was that I found the sheets scratchy, but I'm guessing that's on me and my sensitive skin, as no one else I've ever talked to had the same experience.

I used to work in hotels. Occasionally, we'd get complaints at the Front Desk about scratchy sheets. In most cases, that happened because the sheets were almost brand new. It took a couple washing/ironing cycles to get them to soften up a little.

That's one possibility.

But, thanks for sharing your experience with everyone. First hand accounts are great to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!