Hurricane Irma - DIS team updates

WDWFantasmicFan

Uber Disney Fan
With Hurricane Irma nearing Florida, I am sure i'm not the only one who is concerned for the DIS team and their safety. During Hurricane Matthew in 2016, I set up a thread to provide updates on the team's safety and that seemed to be gratefully received. Therefore I thought i'd do the same for Irma. (I have set this thread up before the hurricane hits, so y'all know where to come for team updates in the hours following the severe weather)

* I will update this thread after the hurricane has passed - likely to be Monday afternoon/evening *

Pete Werner: Ok, but has no power and has damage (WebmasterJohn on DISBoards)
Kevin Klose & John Magi: Both fine. Didn't lose power and minimal damage (WebmasterJohn on DISBoards)
Teresa Echols: Fine but has no power as of 4:30am (sweetpeama on DISBoards / Facebook post)
Corey & Julie Martin: Family OK but have no power (*NikkiBell* on DISBoards) Still no power and tree fell and crushed part of their pool enclosure (TheMaxRebo on DISboards)
Craig Williams: lost power (Sun 7:20p)
Ryno Clavin: Okay but hasn't had power since 12:30am (Ryno twitter)
Kathy Werling: Okay but very windy night. House shook. (safetymom aka Kathy on DISboards)
Steve Porter: Ok (Steve has been posting on Twitter!)
Jackie Gailey: Safe (Jackie on Facebook)
Charles Boda:
Shaun Faulk:

** No DISUnplugged show this week as the studio (aka Pete's house) still doesn't have power.**

If you have heard that any other members of the team are fine, please comment below and i'll update this post.

LAST UPDATED: 2:55 AM TUESDSY 12TH SEPTEMBER

Last edited:

Stay Safe Dis Team and any Dreams agents that live in areas that could be hit.
I have a most excellent idea a nice trip to Montana. In particular come to Billings where you can take some nice drives to places like Pompey's Pillar, Red Lodge and the Cooke City Highway, Chief Plenty Coup House and Museum, Cody Wyoming to see both Heart Mountain Internment Center and the Buffalo Cody Museum, Little Big Horn Battlefield, Canyon Creek Battlefield, Enjoy tax free shopping, plus only 3 hours to Yellowstone National Park and in less than 5 hours you can be in the Black Hills. I recall on one of the Dreams Show Q and A @DisneyKevin said one place he wanted to see was Mount Rushmore. There are other places in the Hills I can recommend like Custer State Park with the Needles Highway, Iron Man Road, and Wildlife loop ( hint the burrows love carrots), Mammoth Site, 1880s Train, The South Dakota School of Mines and Technology Museum of Geology ( Be sure and look for the american flag done entirely in different gems) to name a few places.

Count me among the DIS Unplugged fans hoping you all stay safe and free of any major property damage! Be well, team!

Please stay safe DIS team, and everyone who is in the path of this storm! I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers!

Good luck stay safe. You guys are pros are this now. Wishing you well !!

Thank you! I was looking for something like this. According to Facebook, Corey was cutting down some large trees on his property. He posted some videos of the tree service guys.

I too have a suggestion. Disneyland!

Thank you! I was looking for something like this. According to Facebook, Corey was cutting down some large trees on his property. He posted some videos of the tree service guys.

I too have a suggestion. Disneyland!
Yep, I saw that Corey was getting a few big trees on his property cut down before the storm. I'll update this thread after the storm has passed and once I have confirmed the team are safe etc. Likely to be Monday afternoon/evening onwards.

Stay safe everyone and also thank you for the updates as its helping me keep track of some of my florida friends!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!