HS on May the Fourth... yea or nay?

vicb

DIS Veteran
We are planning to arrive on "May the Fourth", I have read some older threads that say there isn't the SW celebration there now that used to be on May 4th but wondering if it would still be worth going that night? DS is a SW fan. Thinking he might enjoy the special merchandise available. Will it be more crowded or not so much so.

But my other arrival day option was to hit up AK for night time view of Pandora, use my FP's for FOP or NRJ and Rivers of Light. Planning a day time visit also later in the trip.

Thoughts, advice? Will have hoppers. My trip will be arriving Fri May 4 (afternoon) leaving Wed. May 8 so will have all day Sat-Tues, doing MK Sunday for sure.

This is the hardest part of planning for me, what park what days.

We went last year on the 4th.

Lots of people dressed in Star Wars stuff, kids in costumes. We did a PPO at H&V so DS6 could do Jedi Training.

The Frozen Sing A Long was full of Star Wars jokes, which my DH loved! We all loved the FSA!

It was my first trip in 15+ years, so cannot comment on crowds, but it didn’t seem crowded.

I know there were shirts, but other than that I didn’t notice special merchandise (but I wasn’t looking, either).

I was there last May 4th and we thought it was crazy crowded. We didn't realize it was Star Wars day until after we had booked our FastPasses. I would not do it again on that day.

It'll be a little more crowded as usual. But it's not as special these days without Star wars weekend. May 4th and 5th is really died down compared to what it was

It'll be a little more crowded as usual. But it's not as special these days without Star wars weekend. May 4th and 5th is really died down compared to what it was

I know, it's too bad. Last trip (a few years ago)we arrived on May 5th and my son was disappointed we missed the fun. I didn't even know the 4th and 5th were "a thing" :o I think it would still be fun to be there on the fourth. We have not seen Launch Bay or the star wars fireworks show so those will be new to us and if we can get on the four rides (ToT, ST, RnRC and TSM) that night we may not even go back to HS that trip. I think we can realistically get to HS by 5pm on our arrival day so we'd have 3 fp to use and if we didn't do a sit down meal we should be able to hit everything we want.

My family will be there May 4th. We have gone the last few years. DH likes to get the shirt.

There's enough Star Wars to get your fix there. This will be the last year my son can wear a costume.

I happened to be there last year at that time. We had to go for the 4th. It was fun atmosphere with people dressed up in their SW gear. The crowds really arrived around noon and we left. It was much more crowded than the previous days and the other parks. Not unbearable though.

Also there last May 4th, didn't notice a big increase in crowds through the park in general, but the stores where they were selling the limited merchandise were very crowded. I believe it was t-shirts, a few pins and a water bottle. Launch Bay was also crowded in comparison to the rest of the park and the wait times for the SW character meet and greets were longer than usual.
We did the dessert party that night, and it was a lot of fun.
Loved seeing guests dressed up in SW costume and the atmosphere was festive.

We had already planned our park days and booked all our advanced dining without even realising we are there for May 4th. I have just checked which park we should be at and coincidently we are at HS!

We actually leave may 4th..
But we're planning on going to dhs for a couple of hours in the morning...hoping it won't be crazy busy & if so we'll hop elsewhere.

This is good info to know! We’ll be there that week and while we’re big Star Wars fans, I deliberately planned to avoid HS on the 4th and 5th assuming they’d be pretty crowded. Now I may rethink things...

What type of impact do you think it will have on Fantasmic crowds? We had planned to hop to DHS for Fantasmic, and it is very important to us to get good seats near the center of the theater. (We typically line up an hour before the show and use FP, no dining package). Do you recommend moving our Fantasmic date to avoid May the Fourth?

What type of impact do you think it will have on Fantasmic crowds? We had planned to hop to DHS for Fantasmic, and it is very important to us to get good seats near the center of the theater. (We typically line up an hour before the show and use FP, no dining package). Do you recommend moving our Fantasmic date to avoid May the Fourth?

You'll be fine. The crowds don't increase to that much. Show up 60 min prior and you'll get the seats you want

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!