• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HRH Aug 22-26 Part I

poolmom

Earning My Ears
The Cast:

Me (43 yr old Mom of 3 boys from Toronto,Canada)
DH 44yrold
DS 13, 10, 9 yr old

We checked in to the Hard Rock around 2pm on Wednesday Aug 22nd after picking up our rental from Hertz at Orlando Intl airport. We used the 2 class upgrade coupon from the Entertainment book. It was the best deal. We got a Grand Marquis for $180 US for 8 days and that included all taxes and extras. The coupon gave us a 43% discount.

The Hard Rock was a beautiful sight to behold as we drove up. The lobby was impressive. Everyone was friendly and dressed very cooly in black. My husband who travels extensively for business and has stayed in many 5 star hotels was impressed. He casually asked the person checking us in if there were any upgrades available. The next thing we knew, we were upgraded to club level! I had booked a garden view room at the ent rate of $117.

We got a poolview room at the end of the hall on the 7th floor. It was a fabulous location. I could look out and see the entire pool area and could keep track of my kids. The room was very clean and beautifully decorated. The sheets were of the best quality as were the towels. The beds were very comfortable and the duvets gave it a real homey feel. We had a rollaway bed brought in free of charge . It now costs $25/night. Thet had just implemented that charge. The bathroom was super clean. I am very picky about bathrooms and I have absolutely no complaints here. There is a silver tray laid out with all these great bottles of cream, shampoo and soaps.

Best of all , on the club floor guests are offered complimentary continental breakfast, alcoholic drinks and h'or deuvres and milk and cookies at night. Also pop and water was available all day.

The atmosphere of the hotel and the pool area was fun and very much like being on a cruise ship. My 13 yr old met a lot of teens and he had a great time socializing. The pool is huge and although it is a bit shallow it was alot of fun. There were always enough lounge chairs to go around. The most fun night was the dive in movie on Sat nights. It was a real party atmosphere.

We ate lunch at the Sunset Grill and although the food was good, the service was very slow.

It was with great relunctance that we checked out on Sunday the 26th. We were heading to the Grand Floridian and Disney for the remainder of our holiday. It wasn't until we were in our room at the Grand Floidian that we realize how special the Hard Rock was. The GF was really boring and the kids hated it there. Our room was nothing special and did not compete in any sense with the Hard Rock. And here we were paying almost triple the nightly rate.

Any questions regarding the Hard Rock, I will be happy to answer. Later I will post a report on Universal, IOA and FOTL.

Can you tell me more about the "dive-in movie night" (time, movie, etc.)? Do you know if they do this all year or just in the summer? We are going in October.

Thanks.

Dive-in movies are on Saturday nights around 9pm. They set up a big screen at one end of the pool. You can rent floaters and there is popcorn available. I have no idea if this runs all year around. I imagine as along as the pool is open they would run the movies.

Have you try their breakfast in the restaurant? What type of breakfast is offered? How much do they charge? Thanks again for any information.

We ate every morning at the club level louge which offered complimentary continental breakfast. So sorry can't help you there. We did have lunch at the Sunset Grill. It was quite good and you can use the Fan card or AAA to get a 10% discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter