How to predict a capacity closure?

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
We are here now. Touring plans is predicting a very busy week. I want to be prepared to be into the parks early enough and not try to park hop if things are going to close due to capacity. We're doing fairly late arrivals because my son likes to sleep late but on the other end we are staying till the parks close. Is there a simple or easy way to predict a capacity closure?

Thanks!

There is really no way to predict if the park are going to experience any level of capacity closure. I would follow Disneyland Today on Twitter (or other social media); they usually announce when there are parking structure closures. This does not mean the parks will experience capacity closures, but it can a indicator that the parks are busy. I would also look to social media to give you any indications if there are issues at the front gates (both the official and unofficial sources). DLR doesn't usually announce that the parks are getting close to capacity; sometimes they announce after it's started or ended, but not before.

There is really no way to predict if the park are going to experience any level of capacity closure. I would follow Disneyland Today on Twitter (or other social media); they usually announce when there are parking structure closures. This does not mean the parks will experience capacity closures, but it can a indicator that the parks are busy. I would also look to social media to give you any indications if there are issues at the front gates (both the official and unofficial sources). DLR doesn't usually announce that the parks are getting close to capacity; sometimes they announce after it's started or ended, but not before.
The Twitter account does announce the capacity closure "stages," which start with no new entries but allow return entries, so that can give you a heads-up of sorts and you can head back over to DL if you're at DCA.

There are certain days that you can almost guarantee capacity closures:
Christmas Day
New Years Eve
Fourth of July
Sunday before the end of any promotional tickets (i.e. So Cal Resident specials)
Any 24 hour day (if they do another one)
First few months after Star Wars Land opens

Other than that, its a guessing game, but if the parks seem really busy, chances are you are close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter