How to pass time until our next trip?

GoldmanTrust

Mouseketeer
I can barely make it through guys! It is now over 170 days until our next trip. We
go every year in September and we are about half way through that 350 day wait, from check out until check in.

I log in here every day and watch Youtube videos. Tim Tracker is my favorite, should i follow anyone else?

This weekend we watched Men In Black and we went through some parts of HP movies (we watch bits of 1,2 and 6).

Is have already planned what I want to plan. We have found the room, paid for flights, secured a rental car and what not.

Is there anything else you guys do to pass time until you check back into paradise?

I like to craft! Little projects having to do with the trip, like autograph books, t-shirts, hair ribbons etc. I like to do a project every other week or so in the lead up to a trip, usually while watching an on-theme movie.

I find that, in looking forward to vacation, I can have a bad tendency to miss out on the joys of everyday life.

To avoid that, I try to find or create fun things for us to do around our home. Here are some things we do to love our regular lives in addition to loving our vacation lives:

Throw themed food nights (Hawaiian, Mexican, Italian, Harry Potter,etc.)

Have Saturday night cookouts with the neighbors around the fire pit

Have a little dance party right in our living room

Find and try new restaurants around town

Have a movie night and invite over the neighborhood kids

Find Universal and Disney recipes (like Butterbeer and Grapefruit Cake and Caramel Apple Pie) and make them at home.

Go to community theater and local high school theater productions

Attend local festivals

Walk or hike in nearby parks

Listen to Universal/Disney theme park music as I clean and do laundry.

I try to make as many days as possible at home seem like vacation days. That makes our real vacation seem to come all the more quickly.

I like to craft! Little projects having to do with the trip, like autograph books, t-shirts, hair ribbons etc. I like to do a project every other week or so in the lead up to a trip, usually while watching an on-theme movie.
I make a autograph book with my daughter. I have lots of crafting supplies so it's no money out of pocket, but it saves me buying the $20 plain book. And she loves to customize each page for each character. I typically digitally design the pages in PowerPoint and print in color, then attach with a tape roller to the inside of a blank page in a art journal. It's a super fun project. And last year's trip every single character commented on our Handmade book. It made for some cute moments with the characters. In fact, Rapunzel invited my daughter to come over and craft. To this day, my daughter keeps asking when she is going to Rapunzel's (thanks Rapunzel!!)

I can barely make it through guys! It is now over 170 days until our next trip. We
go every year in September and we are about half way through that 350 day wait, from check out until check in.

I log in here every day and watch Youtube videos. Tim Tracker is my favorite, should i follow anyone else?

This weekend we watched Men In Black and we went through some parts of HP movies (we watch bits of 1,2 and 6).

Is have already planned what I want to plan. We have found the room, paid for flights, secured a rental car and what not.

Is there anything else you guys do to pass time until you check back into paradise?
I also like Disney Food Blog (DFB) Utube channel.

Before I moved back to Orlando, my family and I would watch "Park Walking Videos" together. Basically people post videos to YouTube of them just walking through the various parks here in Orlando. We would stream them to the tv and just sit and watch them together and talk about our favorite rides and restaurants as we watched. It definitely helped (even if just a little).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter