"How to" for SWA price drops?

carmiedog

needs more kool-aid
I'm sure there is a thread here somewhere! I need to know how to go about getting a voucher/refund/whatever from Southwest if prices drop (at the website or a ding) after you've already purchased tickets. A simple step-by-step for my drained brain! And I need to know how to use the credit. Can someone please help me out or give me a link?

I don't have tickets yet, but want to know how it works. I should have bought a couple days ago when they dropped by $30. I didn't realized they'd go back UP. :(

I had been watching the flights on SW :surfweb: and when mine dropped $30.00 we bought the tickets. Well 2 weeks later they dropped another $20.00 dollars on my return flight. I just called the number online and they did it over the phone. Found out that my going flight went down as well.:scared1: You do not get a refund but you get credit toward another ticket. That credit last a year from the date you PURCHASED the ticket and not the date you travel. And you travel has to be COMPLETE before the date you bought them. I hope that helps!

As long as your flight wasn't a DING, you can go to the SWA website, select Travel Tools from the menu bar. From the list of travel tools select Change Itinerary. Enter you confirmation number and name. It will bring up your flights and you can change one or both legs. Just select the same flight and it you will be given the cheaper price and the difference will go into you travel funds to be used later. If it is a DING flight, you have to cancel the DING and rebook.

Thanks ~sounds easy enough! I just need to purchase now and keep checking for drops. I don't know why the whole voucher/credit thing makes me so nervous. Guess just because I've never tried it.

Good luck. It's really easy once you get the hang of it. I know what you mean about being nervous though. I used to feel the same way. I still do when I have to cancel a DING to rebook. I'm just sure than in the 5 seconds it takes for me to select the cheaper price, all the seats will be gone.

I'm glad I saw this thread...I just checked my September flights and the price dropped $40 for two RT tickets.

Is it crazy that I'm already starting to plan a 2010 trip based on that $40 credit?!

I bought a ticket on SWA for a flight to Las Vegas in August. The price has dropped twice, and I got 2 credits which I used to pay for half of my quick trip to Chicago next week. Their system works WONDERFULLY! The only thing you have to remember, is that any ticket bought with that refund expires at the same time as the original ticket (tickets are good for one year from original purchase). If you get a refund on ticket A, and use it on ticket B, ticket B expires a year from when you bought ticket A. And if you get a refund on ticket B, and use it to buy ticket C, ticket C expires a year from when you bought ticket A.

Beyond that, it's fabulous. ALSO, I bought the Chicago tickets, and they went down by $20 the next day. Since it was less than 24 hours, I actually got a REFUND when I rebooked. (They gave me an option of refund or credit). Why all the airlines can't be run this way is a puzzle to me!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter