How specific are waitlists?

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
So I know I only have a limit of two. Do I have to specify which room type (i.e. BLT studio “lake view”, studio “park view”) or is there an option for me to take ANY BLT studio that may open up, regardless of studio type category? I’ve never used the computer wait list before. If I have to differentiate the rooms, then one resort will take up both my choices. If I don’t have to differentiate, I can pick 2 separate resorts. Just would like to be prepared and do my hw. Tia!

So I know I only have a limit of two. Do I have to specify which room type (i.e. BLT studio “lake view”, studio “park view”) or is there an option for me to take ANY BLT studio that may open up, regardless of studio type category? I’ve never used the computer wait list before. If I have to differentiate the rooms, then one resort will take up both my choices. If I don’t have to differentiate, I can pick 2 separate resorts. Just would like to be prepared and do my hw. Tia!

If the view category requires more points, you will definitely have to specify, as in a "park view" at BLT, or Lake View at Poly Villas, for example.

I wish they would allow more than 2 waitlists for special circumstances. i.e., Our recent trip to Vero, I had a Beach Cottage for one night and wanted another night, so that was 1 waitlist. I had to grab 3 Inn Rooms for our big family for the non-GV (Beach Cottage) nights, but initially was only able to get standard/resort view when I wanted Ocean View Inn Rooms, so I created #2 waitlist for just ONE Inn Room to be changed to OV if the w/l came through. Because I had multiple rooms for the same nights, I had to stalk the DVC website like a darned vulture to hunt for any add'l OV Inn rooms. BLEH! :crazy2:

I whish they would allow multiple views at the same resort for each WL. What's the harm to allow people to waitlist all room categories if they're happy with whatever come through? Probably it would match the option with the most inventory, but you never know.

Lol, I’ve always said they should have a wildcard waitlist. I added a day and just needed a studio anywhere. If there was a waitlist like that it would’ve helped in situations like that. So I waitlisted SSR standard and OKW. It was for a Sunday night in September— one night. After several weeks, nothing. Finally one day okw popped up on the rat. It was hospitality house, so I quickly booked it and canceled my waitlist. I wanted HH, but figured my odds were better without it. A wildcard waitlist would’ve grabbed it for me. Just a thought.

Think about someone who just wants a 2BR at AKL...

...2BR value, Jambo...(not even really worth wait listing, but still an option)
...2BR, standard, Jambo...
...2BR, savanna view, Jambo
...2BR, concierge, Jambo (again, not even really worth wait listing, but still an option)
...2BR, standard, Kidani
...2BR, lock-off standard, Kidani
...2BR, savanna view, Kidani
...2BR, lock-off, savanna view, Kidani

That is *8* possible choices for a 2BR....six of them would probably stand a chance of getting filled. If someone really wanted to stay in a 2BR at AKV, it's a roll of the dice to figure out which 2 out of the 6 choices to pick to waitlist. That's a perfect scenario where "any 2BR" would be a great option.

Think about someone who just wants a 2BR at AKL...

...2BR value, Jambo...(not even really worth wait listing, but still an option)
...2BR, standard, Jambo...
...2BR, savanna view, Jambo
...2BR, concierge, Jambo (again, not even really worth wait listing, but still an option)
...2BR, standard, Kidani
...2BR, lock-off standard, Kidani
...2BR, savanna view, Kidani
...2BR, lock-off, savanna view, Kidani

That is *8* possible choices for a 2BR....six of them would probably stand a chance of getting filled. If someone really wanted to stay in a 2BR at AKV, it's a roll of the dice to figure out which 2 out of the 6 choices to pick to waitlist. That's a perfect scenario where "any 2BR" would be a great option.
I agree a "any" type option would be great

If the view category requires more points, you will definitely have to specify, as in a "park view" at BLT, or Lake View at Poly Villas, for example.

I wish they would allow more than 2 waitlists for special circumstances. i.e., Our recent trip to Vero, I had a Beach Cottage for one night and wanted another night, so that was 1 waitlist. I had to grab 3 Inn Rooms for our big family for the non-GV (Beach Cottage) nights, but initially was only able to get standard/resort view when I wanted Ocean View Inn Rooms, so I created #2 waitlist for just ONE Inn Room to be changed to OV if the w/l came through. Because I had multiple rooms for the same nights, I had to stalk the DVC website like a darned vulture to hunt for any add'l OV Inn rooms. BLEH! :crazy2:
I hear you! Wish we could have more waitlists, especially in certain circumstances!

I hear you! Wish we could have more waitlists, especially in certain circumstances!

Yeah..... I have a large family so we often have either more than one villa or a GV, and even with a GV, sometimes we need a Studio with it. I do understand why they cannot allow members to have a big bunch of W/L's all willy nilly, but there truly can be extenuating circumstances which it would truly make sense. :worried:

Yeah..... I have a large family so we often have either more than one villa or a GV, and even with a GV, sometimes we need a Studio with it. I do understand why they cannot allow members to have a big bunch of W/L's all willy nilly, but there truly can be extenuating circumstances which it would truly make sense. :worried:
DVC could make it possible, but at an extra cost or for direct or grandfathered only. Especially the way Disney is adding on the extra costs here and there.

I agree that they should at least allow different views to be part of the same waitlist if one wants it. Because, as already mentioned, when there is more than 2 types of the same size villa, you can't waitlist them all, even though you'd be find with any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter