How soon can I begin to use my points?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
If I buy into the disney vacation club this weekend when can I begin to use my points?

I believe you have to wait until you close, which takes about 3-4 weeks from the time you sign your paperwork. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You can make a reservation as soon as you sign and return all the paperwork and you are approved (for any loan). Process from first call to approval takes about 10 to 14 days. You do not have to wait to closing when buying through Disney. If you buy resale, you do have to wait to closing.

To expand a little on drusba's comments...

I put my down payment on a credit card and the next day the guide gave me a member number. I called MS that day for reservations. I did not finance through Disney.

Of course, I'm sure you can't actually stay at your DVC home until you have closed. It took me almost a month to close, but I think they were in a lot busier sales period than they are right now.

From your other post, I know you are interested in VWL. If you are not financing through Disney, you should be able to make resservations next week.

Good luck. It's an exciting decision and I'm sure you won't regret it.

Actually you can stay before you close. When we orginally bought, we made a ressie that occurred before closure. They required us to sign a form stating we agreed that if closure did not occur and someone ended the deal before then, they could charge any room costs to our down payment

Wow drusba....thanks for the correction....great info!

I guess I am guilty of "assuming" that particular rule. I'll be more careful in the future.

When we purhcased, we did pay cash and were told as long as we were paid in full, we could stay as soon as we wanted. I did book a trip on points the same day I made my payment!!! My guide made all the arangements for me, all I had to do was call back the next day with my membership number to formalize the reservations. If all you want to do is make a ressie, just give them a credit card for your deposit/payment, and the next day, you will get your membership number and be able to make your ressies!!!

I was also told I could stay on points before close but had to sign a paper I would pay the standard rate if the deal did not go through...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter