How old do you see yourself going to WDW?

KittyKitty

DIS Veteran
We are looking at 70 straight in the eye. I noticed that doing early EMH is not as appealing, tho I did it twice for FoP last trip, and want to go back to the resort around 2-3 for the evening.

We fly from Seattle,our trips are once a year, but stay a few weeks.

The thought of stopping makes me very sad. I talk about previous trips to anyone who listens, or sitting down. I get excited about new stuff or changes. (Maybe if they would quit doing that, I would stop!) I still have my fantasy of staying at all the resorts at least one night.

Am I being over dramatic, or is there an age I should consider switching to Disneyland?

I live on the west coast also and am in my 60s. I will be going to WDW two times this year, maybe a 3rd trip in summer and am actually discussing a 4th in October. I also go to Disneyland quite often since it's a few hours drive. I actually find the pace slower at WDW as the parks are usually not open as late as they are at DLR.

I think you should go until you are no longer enjoying it. I wouldn't set an expiration date based on age. The experiences at WDW and DLR are so very different for me that I can't imagine giving up one or the other.

68 arrives this May 8, wifey, somewhat less than that. We go yearly for Food&Wine, hit some park at RD every day and hop to WS for the grub. It all depends on your mobility. We have no problems, we hit the gym several times a week but we're fortunate. Wifey's twin brother and his wife joined us in 2013 and 2015 and they just couldn't keep up, probably won't be going to WDW again. Should our legs give out, no sign of that yet, we'll rent a Jazzy and continue. The Board Walk is like a second home to us and the Disney fantasy is real to us. No quit here. BTW, we took my Mother with us in 2004 at age 78, she rode Splash Mtn and ToT.

Bill From PA

Last edited:
I will keep going until I physically or mentally decline to the point that I can't.

But, heck, I am only 39 and I have been "over" early EMH for years! I am a night owl. I have never actually been at a WDW park at rope drop. It's totally unnecessary . We sleep in (also come from west coast) until 10-11, grab a pastry or something for breakfast, lounge around the resort, swim, or go to a water park. We are back at the resort around 3-4, where we have lunch then spend some time in the room, showering and freshening up during the inevitable afternoon thunderstorm. Then we head back out around 5-6, staying at the park until closing. We usually go to the evening EMH. Works for us!

We always split our day into thirds. Morning at park. Afternoon break. Evening dinner/park. I don't need the coffee or nap, but enjoy relaxing, unwinding, reading by the pool. I just don't like trying to go all day long at the park. We also like to hop to a different park at night. That just seems to break up the day even more.

I hope you are able to keep enjoying your trips to WDW for many, many more years. To give the rest of us more hope.

On a related note: Did anyone notice during the Super Bowl, they featured a 99 year old Phily Eagle fan?

I wonder who is the oldest on these boards, that does routinely go to WDW....??????

My DH and I are in our 50's. We are actually backing off on WDW for at least a year (I have DVC reservations for next NYE). My DH wants to do other things and visit other places while we are still healthy and fit. He says that WDW will still be there and it is very accessible. So, I guess that we're looking at going for a while yet. We may eventually need a scooter, but that's OK.

My grandma went to WDW right up until she was 86. When she started having mobility challenges around age 80, she just rented a wheelchair and let us push her around. With a cane, she was able to transfer into almost any ride vehicle except Space Mountain (too low). Her favorite was BTMRR, which she would ride over and over and over again. She is 93 now; for the past few years, her mind and body have just become too frail to handle the challenges of a theme park, although we did celebrate her 90th birthday at Chef Mickey's (so she had characters without the challenges of the park).

I’m 53 traveling with a knee injury in July. I didn’t expect to be using a wheelchair yet, but arthritis and a torn meniscus happened. I’m still walking, I just cannot overdo it, hence the wheelchair. I expect to walk and push it until I need to sit. Then a family member can push me.

Regardless of mobility and age (I feel 25) I would like to continue to go as long as I am alive.

Husband is 70, I am 68, and we are yearly travelers to WDW!!!
I don't see stopping in the near future.
As long as we still love it and look forward to it, we will go.
Age is just a number to us. You can't say, well, we will stop at age 72.
Enjoyment and feeling the Disney magic keeps us coming back.
We have family members and friends who do not understand our love of Disney, but they have come to accept that about us:)

At first I figured it would be when I couldn't get around anymore. But when I was diagnosed with Lupus and needed a scooter, I realized that it could get me around the park when I can't.

So, now I guess it will be when I start running over people and not caring about it.
Does that mean that you run over people now but are sorry? j/k :tongue:

I'm currently 62 and have been going regularly since the early 90's, so around 30 years and 40+ trips.

My last trip in November just wasn't as satisfying as I would have liked, and I've been contemplating on whether its a sign that I'm burned out, or that I should call a Mulligan and go again to make sure. My touring style has certainly changed over the years, now I'm all about relaxing and just enjoying being there. I've really cut back on my pre-planning and just do my FP+ and a few ADRs beforehand and then go get on the plane. I still do all the thrill rides, with the exception of the ones that are hard to get in and out of - SM and RnR I'm talking about you. Every trip I make a point to do new things, which is still possible after all these years.

I'm 64, not a local, live in the Midwest all my life and we have done over 50 trips there. Last one was Dec. 2017. We stayed for 7 nights and did every RD and early extra magic hour we could do. We like early because we can get a lot more done in those wee hours. We were able to do just about everything we wanted to do in a week. I don't think I'll ever tire of WDW.

Hubby, who is older, uses a scooter all the time and sometimes I do, too. I have bone on bone in one knee with a torn meniscus. I would consider doing scooters. It's made quite a difference for us. We are not tired at all, now. If you want to walk some you can park the scooter for a while. The scooters allow us to have a longer day in the parks. In reality, I feel the cost of the scooters is worthwhile; because, we feel better and last longer. Park tickets cost money, too and we get better value by using scooters.

We do take a break early afternoon. Hubby takes a nap; sometimes, I do, too. Then, we are back to the parks for fireworks and a few more rides. You can make more fastpasses after you get your first three fastpasses done and that really helps. We usually get the harder to get ones done earlier; then, it's not too hard to pick up extra fastpasses.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!