How much time should we allow for character breakfasts/brunches/lunches?

MinMou

DIS Veteran
I had seen a post to allow and hour and a half for table restaurant meals. Is that only for fine dining?

We have breakfast reservations for Hollywood and Vine and Crystal Palace, and I believe those are buffets. I was thinking those would take about an hour, but is that too short.

Also, what would you allow for the lunch/brunch at Garden Grill and Ohana? I grouped them together because you dont' order from a menu, as I understand it, but ANY info you have is appreciated.

I always allow 1 1/2 hours for every meal, Mostly for scheduling purposes so I don't feel rushed.

Also, if you're wanting to see all of the characters it could take a little over an hour to enjoy your food and see them all.

Yes, CP and H&V are buffets, GG and Ohana are family style. I still allow 1 1/2 hours. I allow 2 hours for signature dining, but it's never taken that long.

At the very minimum, once we are seated, one hour. But if you have to wait, that's just time you didn't expect to waste.

I had seen a post to allow and hour and a half for table restaurant meals. Is that only for fine dining?

We have breakfast reservations for Hollywood and Vine and Crystal Palace, and I believe those are buffets. I was thinking those would take about an hour, but is that too short.

Also, what would you allow for the lunch/brunch at Garden Grill and Ohana? I grouped them together because you dont' order from a menu, as I understand it, but ANY info you have is appreciated.
I allow an hour to 90 minutes for our character meals. An hour maximum once we're seated, but depending on the restaurant, I tack on an extra 15-30 minutes for a possible wait time to be seated. In my experience, Ohana has the worst wait times of any character meal.

We plan for an hour and a half and once we're seated it's usually an hour. Garden Grill right at 8am has been super fast for us- we're usually out by 8:30-8:40. Not sure how it is as the day goes on. Hollywood and Vine took the longest- a little over an hour and a half. We had to wait forever for Sofia to visit our table. We had an early dinner and O'hana and were out in right around an hour.

90 minutes is a good rule for most places. Now I will admit we are slugs at Ohana's and it usually takes 2 hours + for us to eat and leave there.

We plan for an hour and a half and once we're seated it's usually an hour. Garden Grill right at 8am has been super fast for us- we're usually out by 8:30-8:40. Not sure how it is as the day goes on. Hollywood and Vine took the longest- a little over an hour and a half. We had to wait forever for Sofia to visit our table. We had an early dinner and O'hana and were out in right around an hour.
Thank you - this is very helpful. We won't be eating at those times, but I can extrapolate that it will be longer as the day goes on. 40 min is amazing!

I allow an hour to 90 minutes for our character meals. An hour maximum once we're seated, but depending on the restaurant, I tack on an extra 15-30 minutes for a possible wait time to be seated. In my experience, Ohana has the worst wait times of any character meal.

Do you know what time (typically) you've eaten there. I have one close to opening, so I'm hoping they won't be super backed up (and I think I saw one at opening I might snag instead)

Do you know what time (typically) you've eaten there. I have one close to opening, so I'm hoping they won't be super backed up (and I think I saw one at opening I might snag instead)
The time we had the longest wait there was for dinner & not near opening. I have had short waits for breakfast there. I'm sure if you're at or near opening, you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter