How much planning time needed?

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
I'm a natural born planner, if I had my way I'd plan a year ahead of time ... but I have this feeling my sneaky DH is just going to blurt, "Why don't you take DD to DL next week!?" .... which leaves me with zero planning time (panic attack).

To get a DLH room or on site reservation....to make dining reservation....how much time do I need?

On site reservations really vary depending on day of the week, season, etc. A lot of times you can call and get a room directly with the hotel or thru an online booker like expedia/ travelocity, even when Disney travel doesn't have rooms available. And, don't forget there are many good off site options.

As for dinning, you really could do an entire trip with out any dinning reservations. There are a lot of good choices for walk up service. If you want a character meal, I would make a PS for that. And often you can get them up until a day or two before.
The only exception is probably Ariels. It does book up early.

I'm a planner, just like you. I can't help it. I do start looking into options a year in advance and I would totally freak out with only a week or 2 notice. If you want to stay at DLR you really need more time. We are going in 11 days and I like to check the site we booked through to see if prices have changed, weird I know. Anyway all the property hotels are booked at this point, as are many of the off site. You may have better luck calling directly or checking out other sites.

mommy2allyandaveri said:
I'm a planner, just like you. I can't help it. I do start looking into options a year in advance and I would totally freak out with only a week or 2 notice. If you want to stay at DLR you really need more time. We are going in 11 days and I like to check the site we booked through to see if prices have changed, weird I know. Anyway all the property hotels are booked at this point, as are many of the off site. You may have better luck calling directly or checking out other sites.

I check hotel rates after I've booked too....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter