How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

7 night trip in May for four (1 kid, 1 "baby", 2 adults)

Flights: 4 tix $45 (used about 13,000 points)
Catching ride to airport from family :flower3:: Free
7 nights total, Jambo and Kidani studio, DVC member: $950 (using my own calculation of maintenance fees plus opportunity cost)
3 Annual Passes (split in half for two trips): $900
MDE and Disney Transportation: Free
2 Day DDP and out of pocket food (mostly counter service, some table service, no cooking in room): about $800
Souveniers: $50
Arcade: $20
Dollar Store goodies to entertain kids during flights and other misc. items to buy pre-trip: $50
No other extras, except complimentary Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic

Total: $2,815 (minus add'l 5% for using Disney Gift Cards for almost everything. Also have money leftover on our Arcade card and Landry gift card from last year) I'll be using about $300 from surveys that I do online.

The catch is that one of us doesn't receive any paid time off of work so 8 days equal about another $1200, which I keep in mind for budgeting, but won't really add it to the total ;)

December 5-12- 2 adults, 2 kids

Old Key West studio- $1045 (renting DVC points from a friend, potentially switching to different DVC depending on availability at 7 months, so price might go up a few hundred) (already paid)
7 day park hoppers- $1850 (already paid)
QSDDP- ~$1050 (will have our friend add it to our reservation closer to our trip)
Airfare- hoping to get good flights with Southwest for about $1000-1200 total but won’t know until schedules are out

So, about $5000 for all the fixed costs. Doesn’t include miscellaneous pre-trip needs (health/beauty items, glow sticks, Disney bribes, etc.), airport parking/tolls (depending on which airport we fly out of), souvenirs, or 1 or 2 oop table service meals. We currently have $500 Disney dollars from our Chase card and will probably have close to $1000 by the time of the trip, which will be used for the table services and most souvenirs.

Party of 10. We own DVC and will be staying at AKL in a 2 bedroom for 5 nights, 2 nights off-site.
Driving down - $400 gas (maybe more, maybe less)
First accommodations - $369
Parking for our off-site day at DHS - $20
5 day tickets - $3,136.95
DDP - $2,273.50
Tip/souvenirs - $700
Total: $6926.45

Not bad for 10 people, I guess.

My parents: Dad (61) Mom (53) Me (30) Nephew (16) Nephew (14)

May 13-17th
Beach Club, Garden or Woods View
4 day Park Hoppers
Deluxe Dining Plan
.......................................$6459.65

Airfare (Jetblue)..............$1483.00

Round trip car service to/from my house/Logan Airport.... $94.50 (+ gratuity)

Round trip car service to/from MCO/Beach Club..... $140.00 (+ gratituity)

Grand total: $8,176.50

Not doing Disney, but let me say that other trips that are appealing for a tropical get-a-way for us are always more expensive than doing Disney/Orlando. But I should also add, that we save quite a bit in Orlando by staying in a lovely offsite condo usually rented from an owner with full kitchen that saves us money on food and snacks too. It's not that we do a ton of cooking, but we do, do breakfasts in, make sandwiches to take to the parks, etc. and have snacks, etc. that are from the grocery store. // Anyway all enjoy your 2018 Disney trips. I love the place, but am doing other things in 2018 and 2019 instead.

Edited to adjust for condo. I booked today from http://vacationcentralflorida.com/ at Windsor Hills.:cool1::cool1:

This is the tentative budget. We are a party 5. Me, DH, DD24, DS21 (will have b-day there) and DD 17. We will stay one week. We will drive from the midwest. We hope to make the full 17 hour drive the first day but there is no way we can do it on the way home. I haven't purchased tickets. I'm not making any ADR. We will do CS or eat at condo. I haven't included food. My father used to say that he never included food in vacation because he had to eat no matter what. I would include if we were doing TS.

Park Tickets 2874.*
Condo $650
Hotel for the drive home (2 rooms) $200
Dog sitter $100
Parking $120
Gas $300
Total $4144.

*tickets from UT breakdown as follows:

6 day ph X2 943.38
5 day ph x3 1374.99
USO X3 556

The current plan is that two of us do not plan to spend a day at USO which is why there is a difference in tickets. I'm probably going to need to talk DH out of that because it is breaking the budget. He is normally the tightwad but he really seems to want to do USO. We may also end up doing base tickets.

Last edited:
Bought AP’s in November so no tickets needed for the 4 of us.
May Trip- 5 nights at POFQ 961.00
Flights paid with miles.
Lots of character meals including CRT & Akershus so about 1200 for dining.
November trip will cost roughly the same except I have to buy one or two plane tickets since I’ll be low on miles then. So 2 trips for under $5000. So much cheaper than last year when I purchased AP’s and stayed 8 nights at Poly!
Edited to add just booked GF for 5 nights Labor Day week! $300 per night so $1500 for room. $1000 for flights. Dining/EMM & Halloween party $1500? So much for AP’s saving money lol! I’m up to $9000 total but that covers 3 trips.

Last edited:

Trip for 2 to China/Hong Kong at the end of December for our first non-US park sojourn (and our 10-year anniversary). 15 days plus airfare for 2, 2-3 park days total with WAY too many souvenirs (my partner has a thing for Gelatoni), so it'll be about $4K. We're about halfway there right now, though part of the deal was that we also put aside an equal amount to pay down the credit cards, so...really 1/4 of the way there.

9/30-10/5 at Pop Century. 2 adults and two kids ages 5 and 8.

~$2200 (assuming $500 for food, we will eat breakfast in the room, all quick service meals at the parks)

We booked this under an agency deal. The price includes 3 day base tickets. A 1 day waterpark or mingolf ticket is also included for free.

Haven’t decided whether we will drive (12 hours each way) or cough up another $1000-$1500 for airfare.

Last edited:
6/24-6/27. Two adults.

3 nights at Kidani Village in savanna view studio = $912
2 2-day base park tickets from Undercover Tourist = $435.52
Flights = @$22 for taxes and fees (Southwest on points)
Dining/Spending money for me = $426.18 (but I actually have $531.83 to spend thanks to discount gift cards, credit card bonus categories and cashback matches, and a couple bucks I had remaining after the last trip.)

So, my grand total is: $1773.70. It's my best friend's birthday, so the only thing she has to cover is her dining and shopping while down there. I'm paying for everything else. Figured the resort would be the same whether I was solo or had her with me, the flights are basically free, and park admission is my present to her. She's done a lot for me over our 30-year friendship, and I'm so happy to get to do this for her. :) Worth every penny!

Dec 21-25
Staying at the Anaheim Marriott
4 nights
3 day hoppers
ART passes
Premium Dining
2 Adults 1 child(10 so adult price)

$1735

I have over $250 at the moment in gc that i have earned but will earn probably at least $250 more so that will pay for food.

We are renting a car for 6 days for under $200

So total around $2000.

We are going down to Florida for 2 weeks in August, leaving around 8/10. We are going to do a beach trip, a few days in Orlando and then 7 nights in Disney. We haven't gotten airfare yet, coming from NY area. Hoping it goes down. Our 7 nights in Disney and tickets for 4 out of 5 of us, is around $3500. Flights will be around $1300? for the 5 of us. I have Marriott points and got a hotel in Clearwater for $120/night government rate, so probably all of that, not including food will be around $6K. I have a lot of restaurant gift cards that I get thru my credit cards, so it will help with food.

We have 3 trips planned for this year. :cool1: It is just DH & me. We have APs that are good til October, so we are making good use of them. Also, we got 2 SW credit cards for DH last year when they had the 60,000 bonus points offer & just completed our spend. He should get the companion pass by the end of the month. So having the tickets already & free airfare is a big reason we are doing the 3 trips.

Jan 29 - Feb 1. POR standard room $534 (travel agency rate)
Disney After Hours 2 tickets with AP discount $180
Airfare: DH $210 round trip
Me - flying on points

April 14 - 20 YC Cl $4105 (UOC)
April 20-21 BC WV $546
Airfare: DH $225
Me Free, will book with DH's companion pass

Sept 9 -12 YC CL $2205
Sept 12 - 15 GF RPC $2200
(Both of these were booked as bounceback rates in December)
Airfare: waiting for SW to release these dates to book for DH (probably on points)
I will fly free with the companion pass

We have a Tables in Wonderland card. We eat mostly at table service places & will have breakfast in the lounge during our April & September stays. I don't really budget, we just eat what we want. So I can't estimate those costs ahead of time. We don't drink, so no alcohol costs. We don't really get souvenirs any more, so no costs there. And I have at least $300 Disney visa rewards to use towards dining costs.

In all, considering we are making 3 trips & 2 of them are club level, I don't think the costs are too horrible. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary in September, so we are OK with splurging! :goodvibes

DD24 and I will be at WDW from 8/22-8/28. Right now I have a package with NO discounts at all (my soul is screaming :scared1: ) for $2500 that includes 6 day base tickets, 6 nights at ASMu, and the DDP (1QS/1TS/2 snacks per person, per day). We'll use Magical Express so no rental car costs, and SW rapid rewards points for airfare (basically free, about $44 for the round-trip taxes and fees). I ran the numbers and with the new "adult beverage" inclusion on the dining plan, it makes it worthwhile for us. I am hoping to score Free Dining whenever (IF) it is offered; even with the upgrade to park hopper passes and dining plan (because values only get QSDP), I'd save about $475!

ETA: I have about $2000 in Disney VISA rewards points and gift cards, but am saving all that towards a "hopefully free" trip in 2020 with DH. I am trying to ignore this stash for our August trip. It's challenging to think about paying full price at Disney- not sure I've ever done that before!

We are budgeting about 6K CDN for our family of 4... DS is 2 and so free entry for him. That includes our flights, onsite lodging at Pop, food without DDP and other misc. expenses like stroller rental. So, around 4500USD likely?

Costs will vary so widely depending on so many factors.

I'm planning on $4k USD for my family of 4 to stay at Pop for 4 nights. Includes flights from Philly, hotel, tickets to MVMCP as well as 2 days in the parks, food out of pocket since we won't be getting the dining plan, BBB for my daughter, and misc. expenses. My son will be 2.5 so he'll be "free" in the parks and some restaurants. Also I'm not renting a stroller this time, we'll just fly with our own. Last year we rented one and the price seemed good but we flew with our own stroller this year on a different trip and it wasn't a hassle at all. We gate-checked it and everything was fine.

For my summer 2018 trip, my total bill from Disney was $2,673.00

This includes 6 nights at Pop Century, 6 day park tickets (no Park Hopper) for two, airfare for two, and the summer quick service dining plan. We will use the Magical Express for transportation.

I will have to budget for extra spending money on food and souvenirs, but I thought the cost was totally reasonable. It was the same price I paid last year for 5 nights and 5 park tickets!!!

9/30-10/5 at Pop Century. 2 adults and two kids ages 5 and 8.

~$2200 (assuming $500 for food, we will eat breakfast in the room, all quick service meals at the parks)

We booked this under an agency deal. The price includes 3 day base tickets. A 1 day waterpark or mingolf ticket is also included for free.

Haven’t decided whether we will drive (12 hours each way) or cough up another $1000-$1500 for airfare.

Change of plans we found direct flights for all four of us on Delta for 74000 miles total. But we had to extend our trip. We are adding 1day to our tickets and planning a beach day. New breakdown is

7 nights at Pop, 4 day MYW tickets with bonus ticket ~$2200

1-day car rental and gas $75

Food ~$700

Total=~$3000

$4887 6 nights at Pop, preferred room, basic dining plan, 5 day hopper tickets and 2 TS meals. We don’t buy many souvenirs or spend much out of pocket at all once we get there, and the kids have their own small budget for that too.

2 adults, 2 Disney adults (10 and 13) and a 2 year old

That doesn’t include flight since that wouldn’t be apples to apples unless you are flying from the same airport. With flight we are at a grand total of $6200 for a 6 night trip for a family of 5.

Could we do it cheaper? Absolutely. But we are going with family and they did the booking so we happily follow along. :-)

$7063 for my husband and I.
Boardwalk view studio at DVC Boardwalk villas; 9 day hopper ticket for my husband, AP for me; roundtrip flights from DC to Orlando

We're splurging on:
  • Dinner at Victoria & Albert's
  • An Amphicar ride at Disney Springs (my husband really wants to ride it :D)
  • 2 tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
  • Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden viewing
  • Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour
  • Early Morning Magic at the Magic Kingdom
  • the Star Wars Virtual Reality experience at Disney Springs (the VOID)
  • 13 TS meals
  • $400 budget for souvenirs (not that we are planning to spend that much, but just in case. :) )
It's expensive, but we've been saving up for a while and are celebrating. We're super excited!

Jun 16-23rd - 7 nights, 3 different resorts (SSR, Poly and AKL Kidani) for 2 adults

Resorts - staying on our DVC points (bought this year so that was a large outlay of funds but I don't consider part of our vacation budget as it was a separate savings plan)

Park Tickets - 5 day Hopper for 2 adults = approx. $850

Round Trip airfare (direct flights from PVD) for 2 adults = approx. $550

Food (planning breakfasts in the room + 3 TS meals) = not sure, maybe $1000 although that seems high

Souvenirs = approx. $500 (who knows what we'll end up buying?!!)

Rented out points to BIL for a quick trip this weekend - netted $400

grand total = maybe $2400ish + way too much to DVC...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter