How Much Cash Do You Usually Carry?

A couple bucks, tops, and only then in case I need to buy something so cheap (a bottle of soda, a bag of ice, a loaf of bread) that I feel bad putting it on the debit card.

I usually carry between 50 and100 bucks on me at all times. Just feel more at ease that way. Judging from the posters, carrying some cash seems to be more a guy thing.

I take out $100 at a time from ATMs. Often the cash lasts me several months. When I get below $10, I load up again.

£30?

Here in the UK, most bills are £5 or £10. £20 are the absolute maximum. We do have £50 notes - big red things - but 99.999% of the time, we just don't handle them. Virtually no shops will even deal with them. We're more into coinage - most of us will carry around a few £1 and £2 coins, way more than you'd see quarters in America. This seems to fly in the face of what I've seen in America, where $50 are fairly common and people sometimes even dabble in $100 notes!

Interesting factoid: in the UK, in the event of credit card fraud, it is the bank that has to fork out, not the cardholder. Therefore, paying by credit card adds a layer of security.

Sweet! Our DS is 21 and having him run errands means having to give him one of our debit cards, leaving us without. It's not a great option.
When older DD was a teen I put $100 dollars in her account for her to use to pick up things for us. Our accounts are linked I would just transfer more if/when she used it. Way back when I was a teen my grandma would give us a blank, signed check and her drivers license to go pick things up for her.

Right now I have $29 in my wallet leftover from a weekend trip to Disneyland over a month ago. I usually don’t carry any cash but grab a couple hundred when we travel. While there I discovered they have machines now even on the carts and you can slide a gift card or use Apple Pay. Probably won’t stop me from grabbing some cash before I go but it will a lot less now. Otherwise I don’t carry cash at all unless I need it for something specific.

I normally use a credit card, but always have a few large bills stashed for an emergency.

At the moment, less than $5. I use a card just about everywhere. But, I pay it off in full each and every month, so it's like spending cash. Plus, I get money back. Works out for us. Not a strategy I recommend if you can't pay it off 100% each month.

$10-$20. I was at Kay Jewelers on Saturday, their credit card machine wasn't working, I ended up writing a check for $53, first time I've done that in a long time at a store.

Use a credit card mostly. But I have abt $100 in my purse usually.

With a teen and 2 college kids, some days it feels like I'm giving $20s out like Halloween candy.

I usually take out 200 at a time. And like the poster right above me it goes fast. I just took some out last week and it is already getting low.

I am paid in cash (I work for a very small business and my boss is very old school) so it's either a week's salary if I haven't got the bank yet, or some quantity in coins. My pay includes 2 $2 coins so I keep those each week and if I haven't spent them in awhile then they can add up! I try to also have a $5, $10 or $20 note in my wallet too, just in case.

I just checked, $55. I try to have $40 in case I have to buy a tank of gas. I certainly could use my credit card for gas in an emergency, but the cheapest gas station that takes credit cards is 34 cents a gallon more than the cash ones.

How bizarre. I can't tell you the last time I paid for gas inside the station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter