• Twice

• Three Times

• Four Times

• Five Times

• More than 5 times!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beth

Just happy to be here...
We all talk about the Add-On "itis" that so many of us have seemed to contracted since joining DVC.

I'm just curious how many times the members here have added on to their initial contracts.

For us - we've done it twice. First time was prompted by the letter warning of the approaching sell-out at OKW, and this last time (a few months ago) was at Vero - to guarantee the booking window to get those fantastic beach cottages!

Anyone else?

(I haven't been able to vote in polls for some time on my WebTV unit - but I'll vote as soon as I get back to the office! :) )

I would vote but where's the choice for "Not yet"? Or are you only interested in those who added on and not the entire population of members?

We have 6 DVC add-ons, plus another 3 resale contracts- all after our original OKW purchase.

......and I don't think we're done yet!

Ok, Doc - sounds like you win!

Sorry downontheBW - I was just wondering, of those who <i>have</i> added-on - how many times they have....

Well ... your poll doesn't have "0"! We've never added on, although I've had the itch the last few weeks :). I'll probably really regret it come May when we stay at the VWL and the darn thing is sold out!

Beth,
It's funny you should bring this up....
It seems that each DVC resort we visit for the first time, we end up thinking about adding on there. We came back from HH last night, and I'm ready to add on there now, too!

KMarie

How much are the add-ons? How easy is it to do this? We are thinking of 200 points initial buy but of course the 150 would be easier to begin with.

Add on at Hilton Head is in the works....however, I'm already wondering whether it's enough. May just have to add on again real soon!!!

I'm curious how many are in my category...zero add-ons.

We've added once to OKW,home, and then 70 pts at VWL which we'll bank every other year. I would consider a 70-100 pt resale at BWV. Don't think I'll jump into BCV, but maybe in a few years at Eagle Pines.

hi: just one 150 add on to our original 210 at bwv. hopefully, when bcv go on sale, we'll have the add-on paid for. maybe bcv will be so popular there will be more bwv resales!

WebmasterDoc does win this one. The award for the truly "sick" Disneyite. I thought I was deranged with four add-ons and two resale contracts. I am in awe.

As to the questions from iamgoingtodisney, add on cost per point is the same as whatever the going rate for new points at the time you add on. Minimum add-on is 25 points. It is easy and process is the same as a new purchase, but there is one major caveat--once the resort you want to add-on at sells out (like BWV and OKW have and like VWL is likely going to do in the next several months), you won't be able to add-on at that resort through Disney except on the rare occassions when Disney puts up some points that it has purchased in the resale market through its right of first refusal applicable to resales. Your option would be the resale market where you can seldom get contracts under 150 points.

Hey Doc,

Isn't there a limit on points and have you reached it yet? Wow, do they have a room with your name on the door yet? How do you find the time to work with all of that vacation time?

I think you have the right idea, we should only have to work three or four weeks a year and vacation the rest!!!

Just teasing, that's great that you have that many points and I know that you enjoy them all. I'm just jealous I guess!

LOL!:jester:

There is a limit of 2000 points at any DVC resort and 5000 total....and I'm nowhere near either limit. However, one can always dream! We do have enough for about 6 weeks at OKW in the winter, which is all part of our long-term plan. ;)

WHAT?????
5000 total, is that per person; so a husband/wife could own 10,000 points? HMMMMM....... would that be enough to spend the year? LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter