How Many Snack Credits are Left?! 11 Nights of Free Dining! *COMPLETED 31 JULY*

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Hello all!

Well, after a several year break from reviews (and even a short break from Disney - shock, horror)I thought it was about time to try one again!

I’m Sonya, a certain age, from the UK, long time Disney lover and food lover. This trip was with my boyfriend JC, also of a certain age, also from the UK. He has been to WDW a couple of times before but not since 2008, and this was our first trip there together! We stayed for 11 nights at Old Key West resort, accompanied part-way through by Hurricane Matthew :sad2: . For the second half of the trip two of our American friends, who I met on a Dis cruise-thread in 2009 and have been friends with ever since joined us (@dznyacct !) . It was my 4th trip with them – two Disney cruises and two WDW stays!

This is us:

Me and JC
IMG_0609.JPG

All of us!
IMG_0610.JPG

Restaurants Visited:

Table Service:

Trattoria al Forno
Sci-Fi Dine In
The Wave
Captain’s Grill
Narcoossee
Boma
Akershus
Be Our Guest
Beaches n Cream
Olivias’s
Cheesecake Factory (not Disney but good anyway!)

Quick Service:

Good To Go – OKW food court x3
Casey’s
Food & Wine Festival x2
Backlot Express
D-Luxe Burger
Earl of Sandwich
Harambe Market
Be Our Guest

Snacks:
Gastons
Starring Rolls x2
Dole Whip
Sunshine Seasons
Kringla Bakeri
Mickey Pretzel
Churro

Restaurant ADRs that were cancelled because of hurricane Matthew (don’t start me crying . . . ):
House of Blues
Via Napoli

I'll try get the first review up tomorrow! :-)

Following! What a great list of restaurants you went to! I can't wait to read about Olivia's, we're staying at OKW on our next trip and I'm so excited to eat there!

Joining! 11 nights in Disney sounds wonderful :goodvibes You ate at a lot of places we've been so I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought!

Joining in - we will be at OKW in a few months, so their food places will be of interest in your reviews, along with the Disney Springs places. Thanks for doing this!

Wow - hello everyone! Thanks for joining in!

Day 1.

So after a long day of travelling from London we arrived at Old Key West around 7pm. After checking in, unpacking, and trying to send a package through the concierge in an excruciatingly slow procedure, it was about 8.30pm before we were ready to eat. We had been debating for months whether we would feel up to going out after travelling – I said we wouldn’t, JC was convinced we would. We didn’t – I was right. . . who’d have thunk it?! So we agreed to stay onsite, have a drink and a quick service.

Shamefully I wasn’t on form this first night and forgot to take photos of the food! However I had virtually the same meal on the last day so will steal the photos! I blame the mojito for the forgetfulness. . .we started in the Gurgling Suitcase for a quick drink (JC got 30 minutes longer than me thanks to the concierge) and I ordered one of my favourites, the mojito – without doubt the strongest one I have ever had. The bar tender has a generous pour. It was lovely!
IMG_9973.JPG
From there we went next door to Good to Go, the quick service. I had my favourite – chicken breast nuggets with fries. I love nuggets and I never have them at home so they’re a real treat when I’m away. These were good – really crisp and boiling hot and the portion seemed huge. JC had the Angus cheeseburger – he said the meat was really good. The only disappointment was the salad wasn’t inside the bun, it was in the bottom of the container with the fries on top of it, which made them go a bit cold. All in all though, not a bad meal for a quick service. We also got a brownie and a key lime pie. I’m very fussy about brownies and this was not one! This was square chocolate cake and not especially good chocolate cake at that - I hate it when they do that. The key lime pie was very nice – creamy, lots of lime, and good, crisp, thin pastry. I would definitely eat this again (and did!). We actually got 4 desserts as we didn’t need drinks and left the spare it he room - this turned out to be very handy when we were under the room curfew for the hurricane.
IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG
So that’s night one . . . tomorrow is Caseys and Trattoria al Forno. And there are more photos!

Cost of this meal (including free refillable mugs) would have been: $70.22. Already loving free dining and haven’t been anywhere exciting yet!

Attachments

• IMG_9973.JPG
    IMG_9973.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 4
Looking forward to reading your reviews from a UK perspective. I am traveling with my brother, my SIL and their 3.5 yr old little girl next August. We have free dining for FOURTEEN nights and are also staying at OKW. I did a trip back in 2012 for 12 nights with my family and it was so. much. food (it was awesome!). I find the longer you are there, the more the credits build up.

I mentioned the vast amount of food to my SIL but I don't think they are getting it. I suggested some sharing so we can get a few signature meals. She said she didn't think her 3.5 yr old DD will have any trouble finishing a kids meal and will not need to share. I get it...I really do. I'm SURE she can finish an entire kids meal. But 2-3 times a day for 14 days in a row PLUS 2 snacks a day? Not a chance. I can't even do that as an adult with a big appetite.

I do very detailed planning - and I will make sure to leave more unplanned QS meals for the last few days to use up leftover credits! We ate a ridiculous amount on our 12 night trip - and still brought home 3 QS meals (to go!) + a dozen snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter