How many guests in a 1 bedroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink-aholic

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I am a newbie here who just got a call from Disney telling me they are changing my vacation next month from AKL to SSR (total upgrade, in my opinion! :cool1: ). With the extra money we are getting back, we would really like to bring my son's two best friends with us for the week. Does anyone know if SSR ever lets more than 4 stay in a 1 bedroom? The other two boys are twins and don't mind sharing a bed (but is also the reason why we can't bring just one!).

Any ideas? I appreciate any information I get.

1-bedrooms only sleep 4 plus one child under 3 in a pack n play. There is one king bed in the bedroom and a queen pull out sofa in the livingroom.

Thanks for such a prompt reply. I was hoping we might be able to squeeze in a rollaway cot or something...it is such a big suite!

Thanks anyway.

Thanks for such a prompt reply. I was hoping we might be able to squeeze in a rollaway cot or something...it is such a big suite!

Thanks anyway.

Sorry, no rollaway cots for DVC villas.

And don't feel bad when this thread gets locked. Room occupancy is a very touchy subject around here! :)

Thanks again for replying so quickly. I didn't mean to offend anyone, really. I am sorry to have brought it up.

Congrats on the upgrade!

Unfortunately CRO/WDWTC is quite strict on occupancy - and as already posted, the official max for a 1 bedroom is 4 persons plus an infant under the age of 3.

That said, DVC members are currently allowed 5 persons in a 1 bedroom even if all of them are over the age of 3. But no extra bedding beyond what is already in the room is provided for the 5th person. Many members bring an aero bed or similar for that extra person - DVC resorts do not have rollaways or cots.

If it were me, I'd call CRO/WDWTC and see if they will modify your reservation for 5. (Doesn't really make sense to have different rules for cash guests vs DVC members, but I think they do). If CRO/WDWTC says no, then you really can't invite more than one friend for your son. Unregistered guests don't get room keys and thus can't go to EMH or use ME. It's also a problem if you plan to add the dining plan to your reservation.

Good luck - hope it works out for your son to invite his best friends.

I'm closing the thread - anyone who wants to discuss occupancy can do so in this thread.

Tink-aholic - Please don't feel that you have done something wrong by asking the question. We limit discussions of occupancy because many posters here have very strong opinions about the subject and sometimes they forget their manners when expressing those opinions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter