How many days away before you start packing?

Just started packing today. We have 9 days until we arrive, but only 7 until we hit the road.
:drive:
I always end up over packing; just too hard to decide what stays and what goes. Guess I would rather be prepared. I would be in big trouble if we were flying!:rotfl2:

I've packed most of the stuff at 13 days out .... sometimes I wait until the last weekend before the trip but rarely last minute.

We're 33 days out and I've already started putting something's in our suitcases. Basically new stuff we've purchase and our shorts. We live in NE Ohio, we aren't gonna probably going to be needing them prior to leaving ;)

I am 9 days out and have two of our 4 suitcases packed. And I feel like I am behind schedule

I am currently 18 days away from my trip :)... I have a couple sundresses I ordered on-line that will arrive this weekend and after that I start stacking stuff in to the open suitcase. I do have to admit though, that even with this head start I'll probably be scrambling at the last minute, will start grabbing stuff and throwing it in the suitcase right before I leave, and will still end up with a couple things I forgot :).

205 days out and my shower/shaving kit is already packed! If I thought I could get away with it my clothes would be packed as well... Just think my wife might think that a bit extreme.... lol

Been buying up travel size items every time we hit up the store. From moleskin to tums.

Six weeks if it is colder weather and the kids do not need to wear their shorts at home, 1 month otherwise. Although I must admit I'm always a little packed.

We leave on 6/19 and I already started my "packing pile". Getting stuff out as I think of it and so I know if anybody needs anything.

We're 48 days from our trip and I just wanna pack now. Dh thinks I'm crazy but I'm so excited I just wanna now!!! I think I pretty much eat, sleep, breathe Disney lately. Does anyone else pack this soon yet??

Our last trip,to,Disney I think I started a month or more ahead, although I bought stuff ahead of time and set aside with my Disney stuff. It really was also a long time of preparation too. I have a corner in our bedroom where i can spread out my suitcase and whatever else I have accumulated. Of course I have my vacation list so nothing is left behind. I like to,spread out my packing so I don't turn into a nervous,wreck the week leading up to our trip. It feels great having things ready ahead of time and it's pretty much stress free this way

!2 days out and not packed yet! DO have the list written though! Can't wait to return to our fave - WL CL:yay::yay:

It is hard, but I try to force myself to wait until about 3 weeks before. I start making a list of everything I want to bring about 2-3 months in advance though.

I have a generic packing list for each family member. I copy that list into my Excel spreadsheet book for the trip whenever I want to before the trip, and adjust the list as needed for that trip. Example: I don't need to take a fleece jacket when we go next month, so I'll remove that. In terms of the physical packing, I only start a few days ahead. One of the main reasons for that (aside from laundry) is that we have cats and cats+suitcases= the most fun (and fur) ever. I do start a "packing box" about a month before a big trip. It's where things land that I need to take, but don't want to write down on the list, or things that I buy specifically for the trip that I don't want to forget where I put them as I scramble around trying to pack right before the trip. Examples: a new travel fan and ponchos.

I'm going crazy! We are 39 days away and I already packed my daughter's clothes and all of the other misc items. Can't wait. Will finish my stuff a few days before.

Wow! I'm a slacker. I pack the day before I leave. I usually need a lot of my stuff up until the time I leave (mostly in summer). The week leading up to the trip I purchase suntan lotion, travel size toothpaste, etc. but don't pack anything until the day before.

I am a last minute packer also - usually the night before a trip! I also buy travel size stuff for the trip the week before and this year I've been buying shorts during Old Navy sales since it'll be very hot when we're there in early September.

We leave in 40 days. So far I've pulled out our suitcases and I've packed our toiletries. I had DD try on all of her clothing that she'll be wearing only to find out it's too small! Off to buy more. :) I've also labeled our packing cubes too. Not too much longer before we'll be totally packed!

The last few trips, we went in the fall, so I started packing summer clothes about 6 weeks before we left. We weren't wearing them anymore here in Buffalo by then. I also have a bag of our ears, autograph books, and such that stays packed in the basement. This year I am completely stressed since we leave in 12 days and I have nothing done but some lists!! I have to wait until my daughter returns from camp to "sign off" on her suitcase, since she's 10 going on 30. :headache: But I will set it all aside by a week before, more or less.
Going in the off season is so much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!