How many days at Sea World?

melbiel

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if one day is good for Sea World? Are two days overkill? I saw something that said that if you buy a one day ticket, you can use it to visit a second day as long as it is within a 7 day time period. Is this true? I am debating whether two days would be too much. I have been there to Fl in 20 years, so I have no idea. We have three little girls, ages 5, 3, and 8 month old. They are very excited about Sea World (and MK, of course, since they are princess nuts.) We are deciding between spending a third day at Magic Kingdom or a second day at Sea Worl. Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

Melissa

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if one day is good for Sea World? Are two days overkill? I saw something that said that if you buy a one day ticket, you can use it to visit a second day as long as it is within a 7 day time period. Is this true? I am debating whether two days would be too much. I have been there to Fl in 20 years, so I have no idea. We have three little girls, ages 5, 3, and 8 month old. They are very excited about Sea World (and MK, of course, since they are princess nuts.) We are deciding between spending a third day at Magic Kingdom or a second day at Sea Worl. Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

Melissa
I think a third day at MK would be a little much...I don't even go that much and I live here. Spend a second day at Sea World and make sure your kids do everything they want to do.

We went to Sea World a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't busy at all and it took us all day but we got everything in. It closed at 6 pm and there were no small kids with us. So, I would suggest a day and a half at Sea World (since the second day's free) and 2 1/2 days at MK.

I don't reccomend visiting both MK and SW on the same day because there is too much travel time between the parks (especially getting to and from the parking lot at the MK) and a complete disruption of the vibe of your day by doing trying to do both. I suggest two days at each park. Stay all day and enjoy it. We've always spent two complete days at SW to experience everything and a third day to enjoy the things we enjoy most again. I hate to rush my way through any park, and SW is a great example of a park where you should truly take your time to enjoy everything and see your favorite shows at a relaxing pace.

2 days will be enough time for a family to enjoy SeaWorld Orlando.

You can space out the shows and leave time to enjoy the exhibits and even the childrens play areas. You can also see the shows you enjoy more than once.

I would also recommend 2 days at SeaWorld. If you really want to be able to see everything and actually enjoy yourself, you will fill both days. . especially with having small children. With 2 days, you will be able to relax, take your time, do a couple of shows each day and you won't need any commando planning and rushing around regardless of who has to go to the restroom, who's hungry who's grumpy and tired and doesn't want to sit through the show. . . . With a little planning, you should be able to leave before the park closes on both days and still get most everything done. We've "done" the park in one day and came away feeling like we missed things. This time, we took 2 days. . second one free :thumbsup2 and laid out a general itinerary for both days. We will not be rushed, we will see everything we are interested in, we will enjoy a couple relaxing lunches, have time for the kids to do a little shopping and still be able to leave later in the afternoon for plenty of pool time before getting ready for dinner.

I used the DIS, of course, to help with the planning but I also found a book titled The Other Orlando VERY helpful when planning out our days.

Enjoy your vacation!!

Thanks so much for all of the advice. I was just hoping someone could now tell me if the second day at Seaworld is definitely free. I think we may spend two days at MK and two days at Seaworld. This way, one day is free. If anyone knows, I would appreciate it. Thanks again,
Melissa

It's true. You can purchase any one day ticket from any source at any price and it entitles you to a second day free. You use your original ticket on day one, and then visit the "second day free" window to turn in your original ticket for a return ticket that can be used for another visit within seven days.

From the official Sea World website...
"Any SeaWorld single-day ticket offers a 2nd visit free."

"And now, you can visit SeaWorld at your leisure with the flexibility of 2nd Visit Free. When you visit is up to you. Visit the park one day and come back for our night shows another evening – experience SeaWorld on your schedule."

"2nd Visit Free is valid for one additional visit to SeaWorld during regularly scheduled park hours for up to 7 consecutive days from the date of the first visit at no extra charge."

"Parking not included."

We went for 2 days , open to close and had everything planned out really well and still didn't get to see everything and all the shows. With kids it just takes longer, and they wanted to re-do a couple of exhibits and we didn't have time for that either.

Definately 2 days:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter