How long to get back to the car?

Elaine Guidi

Elaine
I have briefly considered taking extra clothes with us on our trips to the parks eg the jackets which we hope not to need.
If we left them in the car and discovered we needed them in the evening, how long approx would it take to get from the main entrance to the car?

It depends on which park you are in and how far out you are parked really. At MK, I'd estimate a minimum of 30 minutes. You have to take the monorail over to the parking lot, go back to your car, and then monorail back. At Epcot, MGM, and AK it could be 5 - 10 minutes, but if parked out VERY far and need to use the tram, it would go to upwards of 20 - 30 minutes. If you're really worried, tie your jackets/sweaters around your waist. That way they'll be out of the way, and you'll have them if needed.

You can also rent a locker at all of the parks. I think the cost is $7.00 but you get $2.00 back when you return the key.

Forever!

You'd be much better off renting a locker and storing them in there. It's only a few dollars, and it's much more convenient because you don't have to leave the park.

In fact, if you broke down the cost of getting to Orlando and getting into the MK into dollars per minute, I bet renting the locker is cheaper than the park time you lose by getting on the monorail, riding to the TTC, getting a tram to your car, getting the coats, getting the tram back to TTC, getting another monorail, and re-entering the park.

Okay. Just as I thought really. It was just one of those 'ot in the dark'questions when you already know the answer but just want there to be a more suitable alternative. Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter