How long is too long?

WDWFantasmicFan

Uber Disney Fan
Looking to do a solo trip in early-2018. I will be travelling from the UK and thinking about 10 nights (usually do 15 when with family). I am a big Disney fan. Do you think 10 nights is too long for a solo trip? If so, why? TIA

I will be in WDW for my first solo trip Nov. 7-17. Actually I leave home on the 6th and don't get back until the 18th, but the previous are my check in and out dates for Pop. I am really looking forward to this.

I don't think so, especially coming from over seas. I would love to get to stay that long but alas, 6 nights and 7 days is the longest I can be away.

My last solo trip in March was 9 days and that was about right -- but it was only disney world, not universal etc. Plus I was staying on site at Disney, so when the 4am jet lag wake-up for UK visitors hit, I was up and ready to do the early morning entry hours that on-site vistors get. Then the afternoon could be spent on exploring the other on-site resorts, or pool time (which you might not get much of earlier in the year with colder weather). Where are you staying and will you be hoping to visit Universal, Sea World etc?

My last solo trip in March was 9 days and that was about right -- but it was only disney world, not universal etc. Plus I was staying on site at Disney, so when the 4am jet lag wake-up for UK visitors hit, I was up and ready to do the early morning entry hours that on-site vistors get. Then the afternoon could be spent on exploring the other on-site resorts, or pool time (which you might not get much of earlier in the year with colder weather). Where are you staying and will you be hoping to visit Universal, Sea World etc?
Planning to stay onsite at Port Orleans French Quarter, and only going to the Disney parks I think. What would you say is the best thing to do on arrival day? Go to a park in the evening? Or just stay in hotel that evening?

Planning a park visit on arrival day can be a bit "iffy". Most UK flights arrive either in the late afternoon or early evening, and it can take a couple of hours to get to the resort by the time you have gone through immigration and waited for Magic Express. Plus, in the winter months, parks close earlier, so unless one of the parks has later hours for disney resort guests, the only thing that might be open for more than an hour or so will be Disney Springs. This is quite close to Port Orleans (you can take boat transport) and has a lot of bars and street food/counter service places so you can get something to eat without being tied to a specific meal reservation time. There is also live music at many places around DS so you can be entertained even if you aren't a great shopper.

Planning a park visit on arrival day can be a bit "iffy". Most UK flights arrive either in the late afternoon or early evening, and it can take a couple of hours to get to the resort by the time you have gone through immigration and waited for Magic Express. Plus, in the winter months, parks close earlier, so unless one of the parks has later hours for disney resort guests, the only thing that might be open for more than an hour or so will be Disney Springs. This is quite close to Port Orleans (you can take boat transport) and has a lot of bars and street food/counter service places so you can get something to eat without being tied to a specific meal reservation time. There is also live music at many places around DS so you can be entertained even if you aren't a great shopper.
Disney Springs definitely sounds like the best bet for arrival day for me. Thanks for your help :)

I have been thinking about a solo trip from the UK too in sept 18 and was looking at 10 days as well, 7 days is too short considering the flight time and possible jetlag :)

I have been thinking about a solo trip from the UK too in sept 18 and was looking at 10 days as well, 7 days is too short considering the flight time and possible jetlag :)
I've just booked my solo trip for Feb! I agree, 7 days is too short to come from the UK.

Don't forget, if you book before some point in July (I think it is...) you get free dining and a $200 gift card with selected UK bookings.

Thanks yes have seen that, wasn't sure when the offer ended though so thanks for info.

No 10 days is not too long at Disney! The longer the better. There's so much to do and see at the parks, you'll be able to get most of it in. Plus I think you get perks the longer you stay.

Planning to stay onsite at Port Orleans French Quarter, and only going to the Disney parks I think. What would you say is the best thing to do on arrival day? Go to a park in the evening? Or just stay in hotel that evening?
If you arrive in the range Saturday - Tuesday, POFQ has free, live music in the lounge. The usual entertainers there, Jason and Billy, used to be in the Off Kilter group in Epcot's Canada area. Most of their show is song requests from the audience.

My suggestion is, don't make a dinner reservation for your first night. Leave it open so you can see how energetic you are when you get there. If you're raring to go, then an evening at Disney Springs could be ideal, but if you're even a little tired, I think an evening at the POFQ lounge might work out better. Some of this depends on your temperament as well as energy level. Some would find the hustle and bustle of Disney Springs to be overload for their first evening after a long journey, but others might be energized by the crowds and the chaos.

Ten nights is not necessarily too long, but the longer your trip, the more important it is to pace yourself, and get enough rest. There is so much to do and it's easy to get caught up in it all and not take enough time to sleep and rest. In terms of having fun things to do, I don't think any time is too long to be in central Florida, but if you get sick, it suddenly seems like the trip is too long, because you can't enjoy it anymore. So try to plan in some down time and rest breaks and stay healthy, and enjoy your trip!

I also don't think that a 10 night trip is too long especially since you are travelling from the UK. There is more to just the parks although personally I enjoy that very much. Just using Disney Transportation you can also visit the various resorts to dine or just explore, you can also just hang out at the pool, walk around shop, catch a movie, and many other things at Downtown Disney (Disney Springs). As avid solo traveler one of my favorite things to do is absolutely nothing and I will sometimes just take one or two days depending on the length of my trip to just lounge out by the pool, my room or one of the deluxe lobbies and just read or take a nap. Enjoy your trip.

I'm a long time WDW fan although I'm new to solo trips - I'm going for 13 nights next March (also coming from UK) working on the principle that I won't get anything done on the very first day I arrive, the day after I want to take it fairly easy due to potential jetlag and the very last day will be a little messed up because of the flight in the evening.

I also don't think that a 10 night trip is too long especially since you are travelling from the UK. There is more to just the parks although personally I enjoy that very much. Just using Disney Transportation you can also visit the various resorts to dine or just explore, you can also just hang out at the pool, walk around shop, catch a movie, and many other things at Downtown Disney (Disney Springs). As avid solo traveler one of my favorite things to do is absolutely nothing and I will sometimes just take one or two days depending on the length of my trip to just lounge out by the pool, my room or one of the deluxe lobbies and just read or take a nap. Enjoy your trip.
Thanks for the tips! :)

Looking to do a solo trip in early-2018. I will be travelling from the UK and thinking about 10 nights (usually do 15 when with family). I am a big Disney fan. Do you think 10 nights is too long for a solo trip? If so, why? TIA

W°o°w! :earsboy:
I love it when I can get a long stay at Disney. So go Disney Crazy! :cool:

You can fit in a full resort day even, and one fun outing at Disney Springs too, without feeling like you are missing out on park time. :mickeyjum

So IMHO 10 days are far from too much. Sounds perfect actually for a great solo trip. :smickey:

Guess it varies with different people. DH & I (seniors) just got back from a 10 night trip (our usual length) and it was 'just right'!! We were happy with everything we did, but were ready to go home. We basically went 'full out' the whole time, but we are very fit.

Coming from your distance, I would definitely stay at least 10 nights. We drive in our motorhome 650 miles.

I did the typical 14 night trip last September. It worked out fine. I think 10 nights would be great.

I vlogged the lot it was a great experience.

I am curious how many people doing solo trips are men?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter