What should we do with the 6th day?

• A second day at Hollywood Studios

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go home a day earlier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JasmineOceguera

Earning My Ears
Hello! My fiancé and I are planning a Disney World Honeymoon in September 2018. I haven't visited since I was 5yrs. old, and he has never been. We plan to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. We are trying to decide what to do with the 6th park day.

We mostly care about the Disney "atmosphere", dining, and most importantly, rides (including water parks). We are most excited about Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom, least about Epcot & Hollywood Studios. We don't care for Character interactions or Shows. Would you recommend using that extra day to go to the other Water Park, visit one of the 4 main Parks again, or go home a day earlier?

Sunday- Fly in. Take the boat to Disney Springs.
Monday- Hollywood Studios
Tuesday- Magic Kingdom
Wednesday- Epcot
Thursday- Animal Kingdom
Friday- One of the Water Parks
Saturday- The other Water Park, a second day at one of the 4 main Parks, or go home a day earlier?
Sunday- Chill by the Hotel Pool. Fly out.

Thank you so much for your ideas!! :D

Difficult to choose!! I would say not the other water park. Pick the one you want to go to most that has the best rides for you. I think it's best to get as much Disney as possible in a trip especially since it is basically the first adult trip for both of you. : ) And NEVER go home a day early! Shame on you for even suggesting that, lol. If you love animals I would absolutely do Animal Kingdom again. There are so many that it's difficult to see all of them and do all most of the rides. DF and I never make it through the whole park in a day because we are giant animal lovers and get distracted by them, lol. If you are a classic Disney fan and are ride obsessed than I'd say do Magic Kingdom. I feel like there are more rides there than anywhere else. And honestly, if you don't like shows than you could probably blitz through Hollywood Studios in half a day. And the food there leaves little to be desired unless you like sit-down restaurants. It's my least favorite of anything there.

A second day at Magic Kingdom! Theres SO much to do and thats the park we like to do most twice on our trip. Its your last night...so maybe splurge for a fireworks dessert party to cap off the trip!!
Yes, I agree that it wouldn't be a proper trip without the fireworks at MK or Illuminations. And they will be changing that in the future and who knows if it is going to be as fantastic. Also, if you love food Epcot is the lace to be IMO.

I would definitely spend that Saturday at your hotel in the morning (by the pool, etc) and then do night time back in the Magic Kingdom! There is something so wonderfully magical about MK at night, and that way on your first day at that park you can maybe jet out in the early evening avoiding the closing time crowds, and then when you go back that 2nd day you’ll be well rested and seeing it at night with fresh eyes, rather than exhausted after a whole day of being there, waiting in lines, etc. Plus, in September it’s still blissfully hot here, so it will be nice to go to MK in the evening when it’s cooler on that 2nd day. Also, this isn’t 100% because of the time of year, but Saturday nights typically MK stays open til 12:00 Midnight, giving you that “late night” feel. That’s definitely what I would do with that day!

Absolutely a second day at MK. We love to start our trip and end our trip at MK. We wouldn't do two water parks in one trip but that's us.

Food and Wine will be going on at Epcot so if you are foodies or festivals fans, then I recommend a 2nd day at Epcot.

A 2nd day at Magic Kingdom you really cannot do Magic Kingdom in less than 2 days (we usually do 2 to 3 days at MK).

Personally I would take a down day on Wednesday and relax. Don't do a second water park - not sure where you reside but you can do a water park anywhere. Don't count out epcot - tons of things to do during food and wine - it looks boring but it is amazing. I disagree that you can't do all you want in MK in one day. If you start early, do your FP's , you can see all you want

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!