How long does it take to see Knotts Berry Farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
We're considering visiting this park on our one day not spent at Disneyland. I noticed that they have an after 4 promotion that costs about half of what regular admission costs. Since the park is open until 10 that would give us 6 hours.

My party does not like roller coasters and we have no small children. Is 6 hours likely adequate?

Six Hours may be enough, but if I was you, I would probably go to a Ralph's Grocery in Buena Park, and pick up their all day pass for $22.95. That way, I could come and go as I please all day and it would only cost $1.95 more than an after 4 pass.

Just my opinion.
~Tina

Going by what you said, yes, 6 hours should be enough time. Once you take out all the roller coasters and Camp Snoopy, there isn't a lot left, but enough to fill up 6 hours. But I would do the Ralphs promotion, too, just because that would give you the time to do everything at a slow pace.

How can you go to Knotts and not ride Ghostrider????
Its almost unAmerican (lol).

Wow, someone spending only 6 hours at Knotts Berry! We are traveling across the country to go to Magic Mountain and Knotts Berry for 2 days each. Guess it depends on how much you are into thrill rides! If you don't like coasters & high speed rides you might avoid Knotts. :bounce:

Actually, I like coasters but the others don't. I might be able to sneak in a quick trip on Ghostrider though. I saw this one on the Travel Channel and it does look fun! (See, I am American! ;) )

Ghostrider is consistently rated one of the top wooden coasters in the world (tops here on the west coast - far better ride than Colossus or Psychlone at Magic Mountain).

If you can find the time, do try it...the headchopper effect is amazing. (I also like Xcellerator, but you need to be a bit braver for this one).

Even if you don't go on rides, it's still a great place to eat shop & look around. Most of Ghostown, is part of an actual "Town" that Walter Knott brought in long ago (which is while many folks feel that this was the "first theme park", but I digress).

You'll have a great time. Get some roasted corn and chicken, and it's a great day. ;)

~Tina

If you decide to do the after four deal, you can still arrive early and have lunch at Cordelia's. That's the famous chicken that started it all. Also be sure to walk under Beach Blvd and see Independance Hall (by the waterpark). It's free!

6 hours is enough to experience the 'themed' areas of Knotts and a couple of the non-thrill rides. My favorites are the Ghost Town areas and the ice skate show.

We'll just have to see how our time goes. DS is anxious to see the handprints in Hollywood and there's a museum in the area that we may take him to see. Knotts Berry Farm was not part of our original plans but I'm trying to shoehorn it in the best I can. DH is eager to eat at the restaurant so it makes sense. ;)

CRAZY! Old threads should be locked.

Yeah, another board I'm on locks old threads, and they're not even that old sometimes - like maybe just two years old. I think the problem is the threads shown at the bottom of each page - they're often old threads and I suspect people are clicking on them and then commenting without noticing the date on the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter