How long did it take to get your refund?

cobenz

Earning My Ears
I called Royal Caribbean this morning to cancel a cruise I had booked for next week. They were gracious enough to offer to give me a refund of my money instead of the future cruise credit. After not getting a confirmation email or money into my account all morning, I went searching online and found that they state that it takes 7-10 days - or up to a month- to process refunds (I also found reports online of people who still did not have their money 2 months later). Curious how long it has been taking people to get their money back.

I cancelled our January 30th cruise 3 weeks ago when they extended the indoor mask rules and still no refund.

like you, I didn’t get a confirmation email that I cancelled. If I don’t have the refund by mid week, I am going to call and insist of some kind of written proof that I cancelled.

Let me know what you find out. I am sure that they are busy with a lot of cancellations, but I can't imagine it's really that hard to do. My cruise is feb 3rd and I would really like the money back before that date. If I'm not able to take the vacation I'd at least like my money back, you know?

I cancelled our cruise on January 1st. They told me it would take 30 days for the refund. No cancellation email. Surprisingly we received the refund back to our Visa on the 19th. I’m starting to think it was a fluke and that we were just very lucky. We had to cancel last minute due to being a close contact to someone with covid. Not sure if that makes a difference. Also, my deposit and final payment came in two different transactions, but on the same day.

I cancelled our cruise on January 1st. They told me it would take 30 days for the refund. No cancellation email. Surprisingly we received the refund back to our Visa on the 19th. I’m starting to think it was a fluke and that we were just very lucky. We had to cancel last minute due to being a close contact to someone with covid. Not sure if that makes a difference. Also, my deposit and final payment came in two different transactions, but on the same day.
Wow! Sounds like you were really lucky!

I called Royal Caribbean this morning to cancel a cruise I had booked for next week. They were gracious enough to offer to give me a refund of my money instead of the future cruise credit. After not getting a confirmation email or money into my account all morning, I went searching online and found that they state that it takes 7-10 days - or up to a month- to process refunds (I also found reports online of people who still did not have their money 2 months later). Curious how long it has been taking people to get their money back.
3 months a credit card charge back and 8 hours on the phone.

I was told that the refund may hit the gift cards before the credit card. Is this anyone else’s experience?

Have had RC refund directly to my CC.
However, you have to really keep track of things. While in most instances I did receive the refund in 7-10 business days, I had one charge that was to be refunded in July. I lost track of it and only realized in December it was not processed. Got my TA on it and it turns out that RC had the refund on 'hold' for unclear reasons. Once my TA asked for it to be unheld, I was refunded within a couple of days.

We got our refund in like 10 pieces. Some came very quickly, and others took months. Cancelled in June 2021 and finally got last refund in November m

For my most recent cruise, they issued me refunds in FCC which I'm ok with. But they withheld certain amounts until later. My TA had to figure it out for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter