How long are the Christmas decorations up at Disneyland?

grumpymakesmehappy

DIS Veteran
When does DL start taking down their Christmas decorations? I know the HM is transformed to Nightmare Before Christmas and IASW is decorated up. how long does this last? Someone mentioned Raindeer Roundup and Mrs. Claus and the two Santas (DL & DCA) on another thread. I'm assuming that they will be gone by Dec. 26th right? :confused3

Everything will be up through New Year's Day - after that they start the "undecorating", which takes several weeks, though the most noticeable things (like the Christmas tree and the garlands on Main Street) happen pretty quickly. Haunted Mansion Holiday and "holiday it's a small world" are usually still up through the second, and sometimes even third, weekend of January.

I hadn't really thought about the Santas, but that's a good point - why would there be a need for Santa after Christmas Day?

Wrong. All the Christmas stuff keeps going at least through Jan 1 and last year most ran through the first weekend of January. I don't know how long Santa was around, but the Reindeer Roundup lasted through Jan 2 for sure.

iceskatejen said:
Wrong. All the Christmas stuff keeps going at least through Jan 1 and last year most ran through the first weekend of January. I don't know how long Santa was around, but the Reindeer Roundup lasted through Jan 2 for sure.
How is that possible? Can Santa really make it back to the North Pole without his Reindeer? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter