how late can you cancel a PS?

Misty89

DIS Veteran
we have a PS that is kind of Ify.....if we decide we dont want to eat there once we are at epcot....( Coral reef) is there a penalty for canceling within a few hours? and how would we go about canceling it? call the dining line or go in and tell them we want to cancel?
we are not sure yet if we want to eat there, but i dont want to give up the PS until i know for sure ( which knowing us, wont be until that day)

thank you

Tina

As long as its not a PS where you had to put a credit card deposit down (like cindy's) then how would they be able to charge you? You can cancel any time, or just not show up.

The PS system was designed so that no-shows and cancellations don't effect it. -Stephanie

There is no charge for cancelling a PS for a regular restaurant meal. There are a few that require a deposit so that's another story. You can cancel as late as you want to. But if you know early on that you won't use the PS it would be considerate if you called the dining line and cancelled. This way someone else could get in to the restaurant.
I have read that they normally hold a PS for fifteen minutes and after that you are considered a no show and your table is released. It's still a good idea to call and cancel if you won't be using your PS.

I had to cancel PS's 3x's on our last trip. It's true, you can just not show up but I think the considerate thing to do is call and cancel.

This week is my week to make PS requests for our trip in February. I've had to guarantee a couple PS's with a credit card (Valentine's Day dinner at Le Cellier and the Fantasmic Dinner Package). I am wondering how much would be charged on our credit card if we didn't cancel the PS's in advance? I should have asked the CMs while I was making the PS requests, but I was too excited at the time! :teeth:

Gayl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter