how have peoples 7th month booking been working out?

Anyone stay the week before Christmas?

Planning to purchase enough points for a one bedroom.

We are planning BLT for length of contract, point cost, and where we would like to stay.

While we like BLT, we would like to stay at beach, boardwalk, or WL (BR or CC) now and then.

I read drusba and skier pete's posts, along with a helpful attachment from another member on one of their posts who monitored 7 month activity. Based on these posts, it seems that one bedrooms at most other villas should be doable at 7 months on the dot.

Just thought if anyone had any anecdotal/real life experience that would be nice to hear, as well.

Thanks.

i was able to get BLT at 7 months for presidents week and then I was also able to change the last 3 days to VGF. I started calling on July 17

I have been checking for the end of June and already a few days are not available at Boardwalk for a 2 bedroom standard.

So we have non-DVC reservations for 11/24-12/2. We are in the process of purchasing a DVC resale contract. We have already passed ROFR and closing is supposed to be on or before 8/30. What are the chances that by the time our points are loaded and ready to be used, there would be a studio open somewhere for the night of 12/2?

So we have non-DVC reservations for 11/24-12/2. We are in the process of purchasing a DVC resale contract. We have already passed ROFR and closing is supposed to be on or before 8/30. What are the chances that by the time our points are loaded and ready to be used, there would be a studio open somewhere for the night of 12/2?

Congrats on your contract :)

That is the busiest DVC week :(
Maybe SSR would have a studio available

starting to scout out second week of April it seems that after Easter and before the higher summer point costs is the sweet spot right now for 7 month reservations. i feel like its the old fall before oct-dec turned into DVC nightmare for 7th month.

starting to scout out second week of April it seems that after Easter and before the higher summer point costs is the sweet spot right now for 7 month reservations. i feel like its the old fall before oct-dec turned into DVC nightmare for 7th month.
Right, if you want to stay during the Fall to Christmas time frame it sounds like you must own a DVC at Disney World and be prepared to stay where you own at. I am contemplating a purchase between Hilton Head and Animal Kingdom Lodge now, with this being a good reason why. Very slim chance I would get a reservation at the AKL in December with a ownership at Hilton Head. But I am still stuck completely in the middle with my decision on which one. Guess I wait to see just how the dues pan out for next year.

Yesterday I was able to book an SSR 1 bedroom for my DSis for nights of Dec 5,6. I was surprised. No studios available, but I got her something!

Tried to book a Standard View Studio the week May 8-15 at BWV(home resort)--no go.:scared:
At 9 months out, I couldn't get it.
I got the Thursday-Sunday and waitlisted the Tuesday, Wednesday and following Monday.
Hoping the Waitlist comes through.
I notice most of the days I got are now booked. :sad2:

Yeah, booking end June standard BWV studio for next summer and quite a few dates are already sold out.

Anyone stay the week before Christmas?

Planning to purchase enough points for a one bedroom.

We are planning BLT for length of contract, point cost, and where we would like to stay.

While we like BLT, we would like to stay at beach, boardwalk, or WL (BR or CC) now and then.

I read drusba and skier pete's posts, along with a helpful attachment from another member on one of their posts who monitored 7 month activity. Based on these posts, it seems that one bedrooms at most other villas should be doable at 7 months on the dot.

Just thought if anyone had any anecdotal/real life experience that would be nice to hear, as well.

Thanks.
I put the other chart on the thread you mentioned. Bang on 7 months you should be OK in a 1 bed that week, I checked it in May and could get anywhere. Now only SSR for the whole week before but it's only 4.5 months out now.

I put the other chart on the thread you mentioned. Bang on 7 months you should be OK in a 1 bed that week, I checked it in May and could get anywhere. Now only SSR for the whole week before but it's only 4.5 months out now.

Yes, it was you! That was a very helpful file; I really appreciated it. Thanks for this additional info. We have pretty static dates, and will have for another 10 years, so, barring the unexpected, should be able to reserve as soon as things open at 7 months.

back into the trenches 7th month window opening in a few days! the anxiety is real! haha
You don't want to go that week! That week is terrible! I think you should really reconsider the whole thing!

OK, I'm sorry. I plan to go that week, too. Hope you get something good!

oh the phone with member services and got quoted 75 minutes wait time is that forreal??? anyways think i can book a day early since i have some points at the boardwalk i can use for my last day calling to see if i can do what i think i can do!

Just added a day to a BCV reservation with a OUP and I was on hold for close to an hour, but the CM was awesome and got my reservation booked. So just hang in there.

50 minutes all booked up i am sure it was bc i was getting a 1 bed room but i was able to score a standard view at the board walk and was able to get the extra night so go us lol! i have to call back sometime and merge the reservations but i can do that whenever. its crazy to think there is such a point difference for being on the other side of the hallway.....

I waited until 2 days after my 7 month window opened and was able to get 2 standard poly studios. For 4/14-4/17.

I had great luck last week. I was trying to get a week at VGF (my wife's dream.) I was able to get the first four days of the week in the first hour of my 7-month window. A couple of days later, the 5th night became available and I was able to call and have that day added to our reservation. Two days after that, I saw the final two days of the week available, so I called and had them added - so now we have the entire week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter