How far in advance do you start packing?

We leave in about 3 weeks too! Was just discussing with DH. I think we'll start packing end of next week and start laying out outfits for us and DD. It's starting to feel real - MB's showed up on Friday :)

I normally pack either the day before or that morning. Anything further than a few days out and you can't get a good feel for the weather.

I usually start getting everything ready (including making sure all laundry is clean and outfits laid out together) about a week before we leave. But nothing actually goes into suitcases until a couple days before we leave. But I'm always excited and WANT to start packing at about the timeframe you are right now.

I start packing my consumables and park supplies a couple weeks in advance. (We have a hard shell suitcase just for snacks, disposable cups, first aid, booze if the kids are t coming, etc) I don't pack clothes until a day or two out usually.

I get out my Disney trip box about a month or so before a trip. I'll check to see what I will need for our trip, ponchos koolaid singles etc... A couple days before I will make sure I have enough socks and underwear. I won't pack until the night before.

Normally I'm an early packer but we are leaving on Friday and I haven't even thought about it.

I started packing last week for our trip in two weeks. I started one bag for snacks and ponchos, etc. The kids' outfits are in ziplock bags, but I can't put in the socks and underwear yet because we don't have too many extras. I'm planning on the kids, 2 and 5, wearing tshirts and leggings with a sweatshirt for night and morning. I've started pulling clothes for me but still waiting to see what weather will be. My husband will pack two nights before and ask me a million annoying questions about what to wear, what we're doing, where we are eating...even though I've already told him.

Yesterday he asked me where we were staying. The resort has been booked since August.

I started packing last week for our trip in two weeks. I started one bag for snacks and ponchos, etc. The kids' outfits are in ziplock bags, but I can't put in the socks and underwear yet because we don't have too many extras. I'm planning on the kids, 2 and 5, wearing tshirts and leggings with a sweatshirt for night and morning. I've started pulling clothes for me but still waiting to see what weather will be. My husband will pack two nights before and ask me a million annoying questions about what to wear, what we're doing, where we are eating...even though I've already told him.

Yesterday he asked me where we were staying. The resort has been booked since August.

The ziploc bags are a good idea. My daughter's suitcase always explodes as soon as we get to the resort.

My bathroom stuff has been packed since the last trip - I always do that when we return from any vacation.

Clothes and such normally get packed 1 week before for summer trips.
Winter/Fall trips, I now wait until a couple of days before in case the weather changes. Fun Disney stuff like my Pirate Ears are always kept in a box in my closet so I just open that and toss them into the suitcase when I'm packing my clothes.

Pins for trading and my tiara - I put those together a few weeks before the trip and put them into my backpack. Those are carried onto the plane with me so they don't disappear from my suitcase at the airport.

I'm a planner and I don't like being rushed - that's when accidents happen and important things get missed. I probably pack a week or so before for my party of 5. For this trip, it will just be me and I'm only going for 4 days. I have already made my packing list but I won't actually "pack" until a few days before.

I start picking out clothing a month ahead of time, and then a week before I go through and take out what I don't think I'll wear. My toiletries are packed and ready to go about a month out. Medication goes into my carry on!

I have a travel basket I keep in my closet - whenever I buy something for a trip, I toss it in. Then, 2 weeks before I get started on the suitcase, putting things in that are not needed (like, I don't need flip flops and shorts right now in New England seeing as how it's below 0!) and get started on my hanging toiletry bag. I just started packing for my daughter last night, and then I have a list of "last minute" items on my phone (makeup, brush, etc) ... I leave Saturday. Can. Not. Wait.

It depends, but definitely always before I need to. In fact, I got new luggage for my birthday and I was considering pulling it out and starting to put some of the items in that we aren't using but will need for our trip. We are 75 days out. I think I can hold off a bit longer.:o

We leave in a month and I have packed our toiletries last night. Will have to bring out the suitcase and lay out our clothes in a week or two. We try to pack only one suitcase for both DD and I - we will be at WDW for 11 days. Will bring a combination of spring/cooler weather clothing. Last minute stuff like phone chargers, passports and pared down wallet will get pack a couple of days before we leave. Once we get the suitcase out, I get so much more excited! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!