How does this compare to Aulani (Ritz Carlton Oahu

For my family Aulani is all about the pools. Based on that alone I personally would say they not really comparable. Aulani for us has a certain comfort level being mostly families. The Ritz is in all likelihood not going to cater to that demographic. It is not beachfront, it is actually about a block back In a fairly congested area of the Waikiki section of Honolulu.

We love Waikiki, but the ritz is not on the beach, and several blocks from the beach and has a lousy pool. Its basically a nice building in a average area. If you want to enjoy Waikiki get a hotel on the beach

Nothing even remotely alike. The Ritz is gorgeous - we went on a tour when it first opened as we normally travel to Oahu every 6mths or so. Each trip we stay a portion in Waikiki then another portion in Ko Olina. Because the Ritz was new, we wanted to have a look.

It is beautiful and the suites are a very very good size. BUT it is a good 10min walk to the beach and that was a deal breaker for me for the amount of money the rooms are per night. Plus they are still constructing the second tower so there is that to think about.

At the end of the day we’ve remained returning to Trump for each Waikiki portion of our trip.

No direct beach access. No lazy river. No place to drop off the kids. But I'd guess the price is half of what the Aulani is, so.....

Geography matters. Aulani is on the residential west coast where there's room to spread out, and it commands a large and lovely beach with extensive gardens. Waikiki hotels tend to form a concrete wall along the length of Waikiki, which is a long but narrow, tourist-infested beach whose only saving grace is the view of Diamond Head. On the other hand, the dining and shopping in Waikiki are much better (and even more expensive).

“Tourist-infested” cracks me up because what are we all but tourists?

As nice as Ko Olina is, I still adore Waikiki. 25ish visits and I love it as much as I did back in 1992.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter