How do you justify the cost..

Update! I went! I didn't go by myself but with a friend! We had an awesome time and I would recommend just going to anyone! I told my dh I made an executive decision that I needed to go. I really did! I felt totally refreshed when I returned. Mentally it did wonders for me and as far as I am concerned that is priceless! So yes, if you can swing it in the budget GO!

I'm single, no children and I make a decent salary and my primary hobby/addiction is Disney. I understand it can be expensive with my annual pass, DVC and cruises but hey you only live once and I want to enjoy life. I do consider myself extremely lucky to be able to do these things.

Update! I went! I didn't go by myself but with a friend! We had an awesome time and I would recommend just going to anyone! I told my dh I made an executive decision that I needed to go. I really did! I felt totally refreshed when I returned. Mentally it did wonders for me and as far as I am concerned that is priceless! So yes, if you can swing it in the budget GO!

That’s awesome. I’m so glad you had a great time.

If I could like this post more than once I would. I'm glad you took the plunge and took the trip!

I'm going on my first solo trip Thursday - however, I don't have any kids. My 4 1/2 year relationship ended back in March so I don't have anyone to go with. Not that many of my friends are interested and many can't afford it. I'm going on the cheap - offsite - hotwire rate of $30 a night for 3 nights and my third night through Trivago for $69. Only doing 2 days - 1 park per day and I'm going to have a beach day as well. I've always been curious about solo trips and how it would feel so I guess I'm going to find out. I'm excited!!

As far as your situation, if you finances allow, no need to feel guilty. It's your life and life is short!! Have fun and enjoy every single minute.

PamNC

Perhaps you can take another person in your life who you feel would be a great travel partner to Disney and lets say pay for the room portion and if you can afford it their airfare, or tickets, or all. This way you can have a great time with someone who also likes the parks. I've done this plenty of times in the past. You only live once. If you budget and forgo things during the year that you would normally buy for yourself. For example getting your nails done, or not buying a new outfit that you really want, coupons for food etc. You could start an extra Disney Account. There's so many ways to save up and justify a vacation that you enjoy. There is a lot on the budget board about credit card perks too.
Go, you deserve it!

Amen, Stay at home Mom's are some of the hardest working individuals I know. That is justification enough! Enjoy your trip and your much needed "me-time"

Agreed and only FOLLOWED by single Moms. And I feel that words like “justify” is why I am single.

After my divorce, I moved my kids to Orlando, are DISNEY & Sea World Passholders, home school them, have my own business and couldn’t be happier.

Although this isn’t the OP’s situation, I think after being a SAHM all this years...OP you deserve a solo trip!!

i justify the cost that im a single adult who doesnt have the same travel interests as most of my friends except every five years or so, and if i didnt do this i would only take a vacation every five years and would shrivel into a ball and cry a lot.
Exactly!

My dh isn't really into anything but working (he has his own business and loves his job!). He doesn't golf or hunt, he's pretty much a home body so he really doesn't spend money on himself with hobbies.
So your husband is making a choice to devote his time to his job because he loves it and so doesn't need to spend extra money on himself. That's fine, he probably gets all the fun and satisfaction he needs from that part of his life. He also goes out and interacts with other adults every day. That's what you don't have. You devote your time to your family, and home schooling is a huge contribution. I think his answer is insensitive, even school teachers get a break. I'm not saying that what you do isn't fulfilling or that you don't love it. But each person has their own needs, and you deserve to have something for you. The room is the only thing that will be costing you extra. Other than that, flights for 1, dining for 1 it will be less expensive than you think.

***Oh, I see you already went. LOL. Glad you enjoyed it.

While I don't have kids I justify it for a break away and it reboots my mental health. Have a job that while it pays well and allows me to do Disney it sucks the life out of me and I hate it. So I view my Disney trips as a way to forget all of that and enjoy myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!