How do you get to Vero Beach and Hilton Head?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
What airports would you fly into? Coming from MA. Do you need to rent a car from the airports to get to these 2 resorts? Are the flights direct from Providence?

The closest airport to Vero is Melbourne. However, flights into this airport are somewhat limited. The other options are either Orlando or West Palm Beach. I'm not sure whether or not there are direct flights from Providence but I'm guessing the answer is yes. Renting a car is the best option since you probably would want the flexibility to explore the area once you get to the resort. It's about a 2 hour drive from either Orlando or West Palm airports. (West Palm may be slightly shorter and is a less desolate ride than the one across Florida from Orlando.)

Someone else can give the details on HHI since I haven't done it yet. I think Savannah, GA is the choice of airport in this case.

You can fly right to HHI as it has it's own airport, but it probably wouldn't be a direct flight for you. Your other choice is Savannah. If you can't fly direct to Savannah, then a connection to HHI might make more sense than a connection to Savannah.

In any case, you'll probably want a car at HHI also, for the same reasons Pam gave for Vero.

Have fun

We usually fly to Orlando when we go to Vero. Flights to Orlando are usually cheaper than flights to West Palm. More choices in carriers, too. Rental cars are usually cheaper at Orlando too. PLUS, since you're in Orlando anyway, you might as well stop by WDW and say Hi to Mickey for at least one day.

I agree with the suggestion - fly to Orlando from Massachusetts to get to Vero. I have done it and you'll have many more options in the event of flight cancellations. The drive is only about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Orlando to the Vero Resort. I have investigated Hilton Head. The only reasonable flights (timewise 4-5hrs) were Boston to Atlanta then connect to Savannah. You can either drive 45 minutes or take a connecting flight on a Dash 8 (37 seater US Air) to Hilton Head. This size plane is too small to suit my wife. We will drive next May from Savannah Airport. There is a direct flight from Bradley airport (Delta) straight to Savannah. However I could only find the one flight. Not too much choice as far as times of flight. It seemed to me that the major carriers with the most sensible routes to the Savannah area were US Air and Delta. Ironically the trip takes a lot longer to get to Hilton Head than to Florida. Five hours vs 3 hrs from Massachusetts. Good Luck! I didn't find anything from Providence that made sense. Flight times were 5.5 to 6 hrs with many connections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter