• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you get to ride in the parade?

zca'smommy

"That's me: wife, mother, superhero, I'm sure you
Anyone know??? while we there a family got to ride in a car and they announced their names etc.... and they were honored. Does anyone know how you can do this? or what this entails etc???

We are thinking about going back for our twin's bday, and this would be really cool! but not sure how it is done! or how soon you have to do it, if it is possible!

Thanks for any info :)

It is totally random - there is someone in charge of picking the family each day

Oh ok! thanks so much for the info! I guess you have to be the right family in the right area at the right time, LOL...... :)

If you are celebrating the twins Bday go to City Hall, get them a birthday sticker and while there ask about being in the parade, you never know you might get lucky.

I have also heard that most of the time the choose kids and families that may be really ill, etc.
That always makes me smile to think that a child who may be really sick can feel that special for at least that day! :sunny:

We were just there for DH and my twins' birthdays and I asked about the parade in City Hall and was told it was totally random and they couldn't do anything. I read on the boards somewhere, though, that many families get chosen during the Rededication ceremony and were standing near the Opera House. Needless to say, we were there and I did see a guy in a suit with a binder that had all the parade names on it. I tried to catch him, but got cut off. It's a place to start! Good luck!

Yep unfortunately it's a random thing. Shame you couldn't pay for it, like with Priority Seating or something! :) I have a friend that got picked, her Mom and little girl. They loved it. Talk about something you'll never forget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter