How crowded will Shanghai be on a summer weekend?

Gyoza Dog

Earning My Ears
I've got the oppurtunity to stopover in Shanghai on a business trip in 2 weeks.

I could probably wrangle a Saturday or Sunday in the park. But am worried about the heat and humidity (which makes me wilt) and crowds.

I'll be repeating the business trip every 3 months so could go later in the year. I could even take some leave on a later trip to go on a weekday.

Should I go now? How bad will it really be?

ooh! Lucky you being able to get a biz trip to Shanghai every 3 months.

I have no idea what crowd levels could be like; but it may be worth downloading the Shanghai Disneyland app to your smart phone. If you check it, you might work out what the wait times are for each attraction and that could be a guide for how busy it might be in the lead-up to your trip.

Have fun!

We went today on a weekday (Friday June 16th) and the crowds were insane. INSANE. However, you can buy a premium fast pass thing and it would
be worth every penny on a hot busy summer day. As an example of crowds, we arrived an hour and a half before park opening, and only managed to enter the park twenty minutes AFTER park opening. By the time we reached Raging Rapids, the only ride we wanted to go on today, the line was already 90 minutes!!! Forget getting a fast pass for it, the line was outrageous.

The previous day we went left towards Tron instead of right towards Adventureland, and we rode many more things although past 11:30am the lines just became unmanageable throughout the park.

Even with the crowds though, it's totally worth going. It's an amazing park. Also, it's only the lines that are long. The park walkways are about twice as large as the Magic Kingdom and the whole place feels very spacious.

We went today on a weekday (Friday June 16th) and the crowds were insane. INSANE. However, you can buy a premium fast pass thing and it would

It should be noted that Friday 16th June was the official first anniversary of the park's opening. While I would expect very large crowds on weekends during summer, I wouldn't necessarily expect it to get to this level every weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter