How can I stay onsite under 14K?!

If you want to go cheaper and still have enough space to stretch out, I think offsite is your best bet.

The Omni at Championsgate has some really nice 3 bedroom villas that also have a den with a pullout, so really a 4 bedroom

It's full-service housekeeping so no cleaning. And then the main hotel is right there with restaurants and the pools are fabulous.

There is a mini-mall right there with groceries and a few casual restaurants which might help keep food costs down a bit (Chilis and I think Red Robin)

2 rooms at Coronado Springs, or Port Orleans for 8 nights will be around $4000, and you'll be at a lovely resort. You can look at menu prices to decide whether the dining plan is a good deal for your family.

DVC points. Get a two bedroom suite where parents get one room, kids get the other, nanny gets the pull out in the living room.

Saratoga Springs has three bedroom treehouse villas they are more affordable than Poly, etc.

I am looking into this now, it's a little confusing how the points work but where is the best place to buy these points?
You don’t “buy” points for a Stay. You are renting points to secure a DVC Reservation. DVC is Disney’s timeshare.
Research more as you will likely sign a contract and make a legal commitment. DVC reservations are seldom able to be changed or cancelled for a refund. Best availablity is 11 to 7 months in advance. DVC stays on rented points do not include housekeeping, clean towels, toilitry replacement etc daily. If you want a special vacation experience that may impact you.
Take a look for more information on the DVC forums here on the DIS.

I am looking into this now, it's a little confusing how the points work but where is the best place to buy these points?

Dvc sub forum buy / sell section, cheaper than the companies selling points with always a potential of risk

Or the board has Sponsors, daves is the big site. More expensive, no risk

If you're going to have 7 people including the nanny, want to stay onsite, and don't want to spend $14,000 then you need to stop looking at deluxe resort suites.
Try 2 standard rooms at ANY resort.
There are connecting rooms and you can request it but you may not get it. Disney does at least try their hardest to get you rooms that are next to each other if not connecting by a door on the inside.

We are a family of 6- 2 adults 4 children ages 15-9-7-3. The only options that Disney is giving me is the suites at Poly or AK and it's over 14k for an 8 day trip..

My ideal trip would be AK during free dining in September but there is no way I am willing to pay $16k for lodging and park hoppers.

We would also like to travel with our nanny to help out with the kids which doesn't seem to affect the room capacity as we are already over the limit for a smaller suite/room.

Does anyone have any tips on a way to stay onsite with this large of a group for a more reasonable amount? Do any of the resorts offer connecting rooms?

With this large of a party does the FDP pencil? I also like the fact that my husband won't be complaining over every meal and snack price.

I used this forum to plan my WDW trip in 2014 and I greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time to comment and give their insight.

Thanks!!

Two rooms at a less expensive hotel?

we always travel with 6 and need two rooms. I would suggest looking at CSR and POR for your budget options (2 standard rooms.) Then, compare cost to AKL and WL (two standard rooms.)

If i put in dates of 9/8-15 with your group at POR and select 8 days of single park tickets and the QS dining plan (so this is a non-discounted package price) I get a total around $8700. If you end up with free dining for those dates, that will skim off almost $3K.

If I do the same thing (8days, 7 nights. single park base tickets. QS dining plan, two standard rooms) at AKL I get a total of $10,500ish. Also, non-discounted.

I think the problem you're running into is that you're pricing on the website putting in the numbers for your total travel party and the website won't make a suggestion of two rooms, so you're only getting quotes for suites. Try again by putting in 2 adults and 1 kid in one room and save that quote. Then do another room with 1 adult and 3 kids. Then, add those totals together. AKL will probably be your cheapest "deluxe" bet followed by WL.

Wouldn’t two connecting rooms be kind of weird though? Like how would they split sleeping arrangements? The nanny would end up in a room with the older kids I’m guessing?
I’d have to be pretty close with my nanny to want to be in such close quarters with her for a week.

Family suite in Art of Animation. Sleeps 6. Had two bathrooms, bedroom for adults, microwave, fridge etc. We just got back family of 4 but my kids are 19 and 17 and needed the separate sleeping areas

Was really great and you won’t be paying that much! We were just under $5k for a full week with quick service dining and 7 day park hopper

Got to realize too, right now, you are not looking at any discounts for September trips. They are full price. So that is not helping things any either. Discounted prices will be considerably less than anything you can find online right now.
You can get a guesstimate of what a trip would cost by pricing out something that does fall within the current promo periods, even if you aren't traveling then. It will at least let you know what 2 rooms at POR or POFQ would run, for instance.
And to note, if connecting rooms is what you are after, POFQ is about half connecting. When I wanted to do what I could to get them, I booked there. While it's never guaranteed I figured if I was working with half the rooms connecting, vs. less than half at others, it would help when odds are that high. I did get a connecting room.
You can include this request when you make your reservation too.
Capture_16.jpg

Wouldn’t two connecting rooms be kind of weird though? Like how would they split sleeping arrangements? The nanny would end up in a room with the older kids I’m guessing?
I’d have to be pretty close with my nanny to want to be in such close quarters with her for a week.
Aren't most people very close with their Nanny? I mean, a Nanny is someone you trust to care for your kids almost in your place. A Nanny is more than a sitter, way more, no?

We are a family of 6- 2 adults 4 children ages 15-9-7-3. The only options that Disney is giving me is the suites at Poly or AK and it's over 14k for an 8 day trip..

My ideal trip would be AK during free dining in September but there is no way I am willing to pay $16k for lodging and park hoppers.

We would also like to travel with our nanny to help out with the kids which doesn't seem to affect the room capacity as we are already over the limit for a smaller suite/room.

Does anyone have any tips on a way to stay onsite with this large of a group for a more reasonable amount? Do any of the resorts offer connecting rooms?

With this large of a party does the FDP pencil? I also like the fact that my husband won't be complaining over every meal and snack price.

I used this forum to plan my WDW trip in 2014 and I greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time to comment and give their insight.

Thanks!!

"Free" dining just creates the illusion of savings since you are paying a hefty premium to stay onsite. That hefty premium is multiplied when you want to stay in something better than a value and have a large party.

There are many, many great offsite properties where you can stay for far less. You could rent a 3 bedroom presidential at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for well under $2K and be within the gates of Disney.

With the savings you could bring the Nanny and and get a few $1,000 Disney gift cards and tell your husband they're "free dining cards."

Got to realize too, right now, you are not looking at any discounts for September trips. They are full price. So that is not helping things any either. Discounted prices will be considerably less than anything you can find online right now.
You can get a guesstimate of what a trip would cost by pricing out something that does fall within the current promo periods, even if you aren't traveling then. It will at least let you know what 2 rooms at POR or POFQ would run, for instance.
And to note, if connecting rooms is what you are after, POFQ is about half connecting. When I wanted to do what I could to get them, I booked there. While it's never guaranteed I figured if I was working with half the rooms connecting, vs. less than half at others, it would help when odds are that high. I did get a connecting room.
You can include this request when you make your reservation too.
Capture_16.jpg

Aren't most people very close with their Nanny? I mean, a Nanny is someone you trust to care for your kids almost in your place. A Nanny is more than a sitter, way more, no?
I guess that would be the case. I’ve gone on beach vacations with families I babysat for (this is when I was HS aged) but I always had my own bedroom. I guess this is what I’m getting hung up on. Other than my immediate family or a best friend, I don’t know if I really want to share a room with you haha
This could just be me though!

I would also would suggest you rent points. 2 Bedroom at Boardwalk would give you plenty of room and close to many restaurants. I have rented on the disboards several times and never had a bad experience. Process is easy and all the sellers were very helpful in planning.

Look into renting through David's Vacation Rental. You put in your dates and pick your top resort choices (you can pick up to 4). You will know your turn-key price before you ever choose your resorts. Plus, you will get a 2 bedroom for much cheaper than a cabin, suite, or 2 rooms at a lot of resorts and your room will have a full kitchen and the deluxe amenities. We have used them numerous times with no complaints.

I would warn that renting DVC is generally a "final" transaction. Once you book, you are locked in those dates, that resort. Since you're inside 7 months, availability is drying up by the day for DVC as well.
I'm pretty sure the site I've checked in to using does have a refundable option. It was one of the 2 big ones, David's or DVC Rental Store (or something like that)

I'm pretty sure the site I've checked in to using does have a refundable option. It was one of the 2 big ones, David's or DVC Rental Store (or something like that)
David's encourages renters to purchase trip insurance from a third party but that doesn't necessarily permit you to cancel for any reason or make changes to the reservation. But it does cover other parts of your trip such as lost luggage and trip delays. The other agency offers their own point protection plan (for a price) that will allow you to cancel for any reason but pro-rates your refund based on how close to your arrival date you cancel.

we always travel with 6 and need two rooms. I would suggest looking at CSR and POR for your budget options (2 standard rooms.) Then, compare cost to AKL and WL (two standard rooms.)

If i put in dates of 9/8-15 with your group at POR and select 8 days of single park tickets and the QS dining plan (so this is a non-discounted package price) I get a total around $8700. If you end up with free dining for those dates, that will skim off almost $3K.

If I do the same thing (8days, 7 nights. single park base tickets. QS dining plan, two standard rooms) at AKL I get a total of $10,500ish. Also, non-discounted.

I think the problem you're running into is that you're pricing on the website putting in the numbers for your total travel party and the website won't make a suggestion of two rooms, so you're only getting quotes for suites. Try again by putting in 2 adults and 1 kid in one room and save that quote. Then do another room with 1 adult and 3 kids. Then, add those totals together. AKL will probably be your cheapest "deluxe" bet followed by WL.

Remember though OP will likely need PH tickets in order to qualify for FD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter