How bad is the mummy ride?

mommypenguin29

Mouseketeer
I am not a huge fan of roller coaster, but at Disney will do the mine train and thunder mountain...is it that speed for a coaster or alot worse?

It's comparable to Big Thunder Mountain in terms of "jerk-i-ness" but a little faster and somewhat in the dark. Not as jerky as Space Mountain. The overall experience with the special effects makes it my families favorite ride.

I am a wimp- won't go on Hollywood RRR, Hulk, or Dragon Challenge. i like Thunder Mt, Space Mt, Mine Train. The Mummy is my favorite roller coaster!!!

My youngest was afraid in the line and bailed. Good thing because the ride was a bit scarier. So, the line can be a good gauge for you. If they can handle the line, odds are they can handle the ride.
Do ride swap though if needed because it's a fabulous ride! My favorite!

Are there scare actors in the line? I don’t want any body/thing jumping out at me.

Are the effects on it scary? I have a kid who likes coasters but hates scary rides like Dinasaur. She hides her eyes.

To some the effects are scary. Ds didn't love them for awhile. Hated the fire and the mummy figures. Loved the coaster. Took him awhile to get the coaster love stronger than the fear that the fire would somehow get out of control.

And he had seen the movie and liked it, but still didn't want to deal with the effects.

To some the effects are scary. Ds didn't love them for awhile. Hated the fire and the mummy figures. Loved the coaster. Took him awhile to get the coaster love stronger than the fear that the fire would somehow get out of control.

And he had seen the movie and liked it, but still didn't want to deal with the effects.

Haha! Funny you mention the fire, we were all having a blast on that ride, then I hear my daughter yell "i'm burning". It does get pretty warm under that one flaming roof. She kind of laughed later on though and she said she overreacted.

Personally, I find the Mummy to be a lot more intense than the Hulk in terms of the G forces (not sure if this is the correct term for what I'm trying to describe) you feel during the ride and overall jerkiness. I will gladly ride The Hulk twice in a row, but I flat out refuse to get back on The Mummy. I seem to be in the minority on this, though! I know quite a few people who love The Mummy but refuse to get on The Hulk. I've always found this a bit confusing because I find The Hulk to be a much smoother ride. I think a lot of people just get psyched out by anything that goes upside down or that you can physically see the track for. I'm also not a big fan of things designed to spook me out.

The Mummy was super jerky for me but I didn't feel it was intense. I felt like you would just get into it and it would stop and go in reverse then you'd get into it again and it would stop and go forward again. I loved the scenery etc. but wasn't partial to the ride itself specifically because I didn't think it was thrilling.

I just read on another thread that the Mummy ride has hills, yet on this thread it's compared more to Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain that has no hills. I don't do well with hills. I can tolerate the small hill on Expedition Everest but I can't do Splash Mountain. Does this ride have a "take away your stomach" hill? Thanks in advance.

I don't believe so. It's kind of hard to say because it is a dark ride so you really don't get a visual reference for the falls but I don't recall anything larger then Everest's fall. In fact I would say any falls are quite a bit smaller.

Personally, I find the Mummy to be a lot more intense than the Hulk in terms of the G forces (not sure if this is the correct term for what I'm trying to describe) you feel during the ride and overall jerkiness. I will gladly ride The Hulk twice in a row, but I flat out refuse to get back on The Mummy. I seem to be in the minority on this, though! I know quite a few people who love The Mummy but refuse to get on The Hulk. I've always found this a bit confusing because I find The Hulk to be a much smoother ride. I think a lot of people just get psyched out by anything that goes upside down or that you can physically see the track for. I'm also not a big fan of things designed to spook me out.

The Mummy was super jerky for me but I didn't feel it was intense. I felt like you would just get into it and it would stop and go in reverse then you'd get into it again and it would stop and go forward again. I loved the scenery etc. but wasn't partial to the ride itself specifically because I didn't think it was thrilling.

This is funny because I was just discussing this in another thread. I think if the Mummy started and went continuously for as long as the hulk did, it would be much worse than Hulk. What makes it seem less intense are all the stops.

I have to be really careful with what I can ride because I get migraines. I can tolerate the mummy but only because just as I feel my head starting to hurt, the coaster stops. It gives my brain time to relax some. So I'm usually able to ride a couple times in a row.

Whereas, with the hulk, the discomfort just keeps building until the ride ends, so when it is over, I'm usually not feeling that great. I'm not at the migraine stage, but I know if I was to try to ride again, it would probably cue one.

There are very few coasters I can tolerate well. Probably Manta at Sea World, Cheeta at BG, there's another with a harness where your feet hang down at BG that I can't remember the name of, Thunder Mountain, and Everest (when it first opened, not sure how rough it is now), are the only ones I can handle or do more than once in a row. I do have to be in the front though, even Thunder Mountain will do me in if I am in the back. Surprisingly, I didn't like 7 Dwarfs, I can't remember why, it's been awhile, but it got to me.

We did love the Mummy but did feel it jostled you around a bit. It's am awesome ride but I opted to skip this year because of neck & back issues. I was fine on Mine Train & Big Thunder though.

I loved the Mummy ride, but I don't do great with heat so the flaming ceiling bothered me a bit (I get bothered opening the oven lol). It's still an awesome effect, I just have to cringe when it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!