Horton Grand Hotel

tatsmx

Mouseketeer
We are staying in SD for 2 nights after our DLR trip (DH, DD7, DDalmost2, and me)
We are searching for a nice affordable hotel... I just love the Horton Grand pics.. is it any good? We will have a car..
Thanks!

We've stayed there several times for Comic Con. It's very quaint and has a lot of character. The rooms are tiny because of its age, big hotels just weren't a thing in the 1800s. There's just 2 of us so we've never had anything other than a 1 bed room. The staff has always been great. The parking is valet only as the lot is off-site. You can't beat the location, right in the heart of the Gaslamp District, tons of shopping and eating in walking distance. The hallways can be a bit confusing as it's several parts of buildings and there's weird turns here and there. The courtyard in the bottom is a neat spot to eat breakfast and relax. The restaurant has changed hands since we've been there so I can't comment on that. It's very well kept up, doesn't feel old or dingy, but it has few modern amenities.

We've stayed there several times for Comic Con. It's very quaint and has a lot of character. The rooms are tiny because of its age, big hotels just weren't a thing in the 1800s. There's just 2 of us so we've never had anything other than a 1 bed room. The staff has always been great. The parking is valet only as the lot is off-site. You can't beat the location, right in the heart of the Gaslamp District, tons of shopping and eating in walking distance. The hallways can be a bit confusing as it's several parts of buildings and there's weird turns here and there. The courtyard in the bottom is a neat spot to eat breakfast and relax. The restaurant has changed hands since we've been there so I can't comment on that. It's very well kept up, doesn't feel old or dingy, but it has few modern amenities.
thank you !!!
we will consider this hotel! it really does look awesome!

Good location for our city, small rooms. Nice hotel however. Plenty to do within walking distance. Friends stayed there a few months ago and would stay there again.

Good location for our city, small rooms. Nice hotel however. Plenty to do within walking distance. Friends stayed there a few months ago and would stay there again.
Thanks!!! I've read reviewss about it being noisy, that is something to consider... did your friends mention anything about it?? :)

Thanks!!! I've read reviewss about it being noisy, that is something to consider... did your friends mention anything about it?? :)

No, but my friends are noisy and enjoyed the close proximity of bars and restaurants. It's in a well trafficked part of town called the Gaslamp which can get quite loud and busy on a weekend. If you're looking for quiet - I would actually look outside of downtown San Diego. Hotel Circle will give you access to the freeways and is central. Paradise Point is very nice (my wife and I won a weekend there and we actually felt like we were on vacation despite living 10 minutes away).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!