Horse back riding.

tirecarver

Earning My Ears
My DD and I are looking too rides the horses on our Aug trip. My question is, how often do the internal buses run from the parking area to the riding stable?

Thanks
Howard

Tirecarver if you are asking about the parking area near the Reception Outpost no bus is required You can do the walk in 90 seconds from most parking spaces to the corral

Yes the horse trail rides are NOT at the far end of the Fort at the Tri Circle D Ranch by Trails End restaurant and the beach/boat dock.

The corrals are just behind the big Outpost bus depot next to the front main parking lot where the Fort check-in is as FtW Mike says. The building where the horse riders check in is the former Fort pet kennel off to the right of the bus depot in a little stand alone building.

Enjoy your ride. The horse will know where he's going.

Bama Ed

Thanks for the info. I thought it by the lake and Trail's End restaurant. The web site in confusing, it show the stables at the back of the resort by the lake.

Thanks again
Howard

Last edited:

The pony rides are located near the stables and Trails End. The full grown horses are located at the main parking area ate the front of FW.

Yes, horses are right near the parking lot. We did it in June. It was nice, but I wish the ride were shorter. My legs were so sore when I dismounted! DD10 wished it was longer (she rides horses).

This is very helpful info, thank you for sharing! My daughter was too tall for the pony rides (over 48") but not yet 9 on our last trip so we've promised her a trail ride on our next trip. I read someplace that you must wear helmets as well. Does anyone know if they provide those? I'd rather not be lugging her helmet in the luggage LOL! She's been riding so she will be fine, I've never been on a horse so I'm nervous about getting on the horse. Do they have a step to help you climb on?

Thank you all!!

:disrocks:

Mzozziejt We did horse trail ride several years ago and they provided the helmet also there is a platform that you will get on to assist in mounting

Does a parent have to come along too? My DD will be 13, does a parent have to accompany?

This is very helpful info, thank you for sharing! My daughter was too tall for the pony rides (over 48") but not yet 9 on our last trip so we've promised her a trail ride on our next trip. I read someplace that you must wear helmets as well. Does anyone know if they provide those? I'd rather not be lugging her helmet in the luggage LOL! She's been riding so she will be fine, I've never been on a horse so I'm nervous about getting on the horse. Do they have a step to help you climb on?

Thank you all!!

:disrocks:
is she used to riding "English" or "Western" because if I remember right they only have Western saddles which made a difference to my daughters

Does a parent have to come along too? My DD will be 13, does a parent have to accompany?

If I remember correctly it's under the age of 15 or 16 had to have a legal guardian along. All riders 16 and under must wear helmet and that may be what I'm thinking of.

I went for a walk this morning up to the trail rides and asked a very pleasant CM about age. Riders must be 48 inches and up, up to 250 # and at least 9 yrs. old. From 9 - 16 a concent form must be signed if an adult will not be joining the ride. Hope this helps.

If I remember correctly it's under the age of 15 or 16 had to have a legal guardian along. All riders 16 and under must wear helmet and that may be what I'm thinking of.

Then Dad can ride along, not a fan but my DD loves it.

I went for a walk this morning up to the trail rides and asked a very pleasant CM about age. Riders must be 48 inches and up, up to 250 # and at least 9 yrs. old. From 9 - 16 a concent form must be signed if an adult will not be joining the ride. Hope this helps.

Thanks for clarifying that Vince.

On a related note - does anyone know if any of the discounts apply to this (DVC, AP, Disney Visa, etc...)? Our youngest was 8.5 last fall, so we couldn't do it (much to our DD's despair), but they will all be old enough in July, so we will be doing it as well.

The Disney Visa discount applies on the carriage rides. We did not get discount when we did horseback riding, but that was 2014.

Thinking about booking this for my DD and I on our mother/daughter trip. DD loves horses (has a POA and a miniature horse). We have done trail rides at state parks so we're familiar with how they work. I was thinking about taking a break while we're at MK to have lunch and a trail ride before returning to MK for dinner at BOG. So it would probably be in the afternoon and I know it will be hot (our trip is at the end of May). Where do ride? It is in a forest with trees so there's some shade? Trying to decide if it would be worth it. We've done a carriage ride 3X before so looking for a different experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!