Homemade Prince Charming costume,,,any ideas????

Blaze12

Is it time for our next visit yet??????
OK, DD wants DH to dress up as Prince Charming for MNSSHP. He agreed to it, actually he lost a bet, but that is another story! :rotfl: She is sooo excited. But I really dont want to spend 80 on a costume. Any ideas how to make one, w.out spending a ton?? He is a XXL, so those 'big guy' costumes are always more expensive!!!

35516150.JPG

Looks like you could find a suit jacket at like a goodwill or resale shop of some sort and the same color pants and just embellish them yourself. It would be a fun project for your DD to help out on too! The pants trim could easily be done with a gold trim you find at any craft store.

You can also find the makings for the belt at a fabric store too. Then you make the belt and no need to look for one.

Thanks for posting!!! Any ideas on what to use on the shoulders???

I've been thinking about this and the only thing I can come up with is use gold fabric to make the shape of the shoulder area & attach it to a shoulder pad and then sew it the jacket and get some fringe from the upholstry fabric section and attach it to the shoulder pad.

Don't know if that makes any sense! hahaha! But i've seen that kind of tassled fringe in the fabric departments of craft stores.

I will just go to the craft store and check it out and play!!

I have not posted in forever, but I made one!! It came out awesome, I will post pics after this weekend!!!

I will!! We are leaving in a couple days!!!! I cant wait!!! He is wearing his black dress pants and shoes, and I bought a white chef's coat off of ebay for $12 shipped. At walmart I bought the gold cording and strung it from shoulder to shoulder 2 times, replaced the buttons with gold ones (taken from clothes I am not using anymore), and I took gold wired ribbon, ran it along the shoulders and cuffs, and put some shoulder pad inside the jacket to make the shoulder stand up. For a 'belt' I am just tying a black scarf because I got tired of working on it, but it looks good.

Our goal for next halloween is to get him back to a closer to XL size so I dont have to do this every halloween!

BTW, good luck w. your upcoming labor! I see you can go any day now!! Maybe you will go the night I am at MNSSHP?????? That would be awesome!! I am in nursing school in L&D rotation right now, I LOVE IT!!!

Thank you so much! i'm just about ready to meet this little guy!

Have fun! i'm so jealous! Our first year missing MNSSHP in awhile!! :sad: hahaha!!

You wont be once that little booger comes!!!! You will be excited for his first MNSSHP!! (It is DD's first this year, 8 months old!!!)

You wont be once that little booger comes!!!! You will be excited for his first MNSSHP!! (It is DD's first this year, 8 months old!!!)

1. Custom Homemade Prince Charming Costume $35.00
2. Limited Edition Fiber Optic Cinderella costume set on ebay $35.00
3. Realizing 10 minutes before you hit WDW that you left all the costumes at home, and have to go buy all new costumes,,,,PRICELESS

But I promised a photo, so Here it is.
47b7ce23b3127ccebdec421e9be100000026108IaNmzFu4Z8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter