Holy Land

georgiapeach60

Mouseketeer
Has anybody been to the new Holy Land Experience? My folks are wanting to go. Where did you stay? How long did it take to see everything?

Heres some info from some other post from another board. I am quoting them. I personally have not been there:
The URL for the Holy Land is:
http://www.go2orlando.com/top/1,1419,G-Go2Orlando-AttractionsArticles-X!Arti cleDetail-2300,00.html
The admission is $17.00. All the details are listed in the URL page. We're thinking aboout going in April. Anyone have an idea if the lines and entry process will be smoothed out by then?

Another post:
Finally got instruction on the internet. Said to get off at Exit 31A from I-4. You cannot get off at Exit 31A as it is under construction. Got off at John Young Parkway, inquired at a gas station and worked our way back. Vineland(where you turn right to go to the Holy Land) is also under construction and did not have a street sign saying "Vineland" but we saw the theme park and turned there.
<font color=330099 size 4>Hope this has helped some. It looks pretty interesting. There are some post here on this board, just do a search.</font>
fetch.dll

[This message was edited by momuv2poohs on 03-06-01 at 09:29 PM.]

I posted the same question awhile back, and have been waiting for someone who's actually gone there...no luck yet. But me, dh, our 3 kids, and my parents will go there the first week of May..I will post my experience when I get back. I've heard through the media to expect to spend around 3 hours there. And it's $17 an adult, and $14 a child. I can't wait to go there. I'm so excited for myself and kids to see how things may have looked back then!! What a wonderful learning experience, IMO. :)

My DH, DS, DDIL and I had planned a trip for the 23rd of this month. We had planned five days at DW, one day at Sea World and one day at Universal and already purchased our tickets. THEN we heard about Holy Land. We really want to see it. We plan to do it in an afternoon, maybe the afternoon of the day we visit Animal Kingdom. We plan to work it in somehow. We all feel it will be the closest we will get to the "real thing" and we're very eager to see what it's like.

The Holy Land Experience has sold out nearly every day since it opened Feb. 5.

In fact, the biblically themed attraction has been turning away between 100 to 1,000 cars a day. Attendance is nearly five times original projections.

Company officials pin the early success to widespread news coverage: More than 700 news articles were written, letting the park get the word out without spending a dime on advertising.

Even so, park officials expected the crowds would thin after the first week, but they didn't. Folks answering the phones couldn't keep up with the pace. Tens of thousands of e-mails have been received from people looking for still more information.

And just think, it wouldn't have happened without the City of Orlando. Orlando gave the group the financial push it needed to open the park.

In order to complete the Conroy Road interchange, it needed some of the theme park owners' land. The price tag was $3 million, a great start for Holy Land's fund-raising efforts.

Co-Moderator Rumors Board
lrodk@home.com

steamboatwillie.gif

aniwoody.gif

Here are some added details of the park that I came across on the net:

The 15-acre park features attractions that recreate the Holy Land as it would have looked during biblical times. It includes:

-Jerusalem (66 A.D.) - a 45-ft. by 25-ft. model of the city
-Temple of the Great King - Replica of Herod's Temple
-Qumran Caves - replica of the area where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found
-Wilderness Tabernacle - 20-minute multimedia show about the ancient Israelites
-Calvery's Garden Tomb - Replica of the tomb where Jesus was buried
-The Scriptorium: Center for Biblical Antiquities -- A display of biblical artifacts scheduled to open February 2002
-Oasis Palms Cafe - Dining venue
-Jerusalem Street Market - souvenir shops

The park is no amateur creation. The special effects at Holy Land were designed by ITEC Productions, the same company that designed Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios.

Co-Moderator Rumors Board
lrodk@home.com

steamboatwillie.gif

aniwoody.gif

My sister returned from Orlando Saturday. She and her family went to Holy Land while there. Someone at their hotel told them it would take about four hours to see everything at the Park. They arrived at 10:00 a.m. and it took them seven hours to see it all because it was so crowded. The Park had to turn people away. They were directed to park across the street in a grassy lot because there was no room left in their parking lot. It took an hour for them to get seated for lunch. Even so, they enjoyed the Park very much. For anyone interested in going, the employees at Holy Land said the best time to go is at 5:00 p.m. We're planning to go when we are there next week.

We are also planning to go next week. I planned on going the day we arrive. I hope to get there around 3pm. I hope we can get in. I have my whole itinerary planned to the second and it would really mess me up if I had to go back a second time!! I guess I will just pray hard<><
Hope you have a great time.

We are also planning to go next week. I planned on going the day we arrive. I hope to get there around 3pm. I hope we can get in. I have my whole itinerary planned to the second and it would really mess me up if I had to go back a second time!! I guess I will just pray hard<><
Hope you have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter