Hollywood questions

Charade67

DIS Veteran
I was going to post on the pinned thread, but noticed it was out of date. I will be visiting Hollywood with my family in June of 2019 (I’m an early planner.) We plan to do the typical touristy things - Hollywood sign, walk of fame, Chinese theater, maybe a studio tour), But I was wondering if there are any other can’t miss activities.

I was going to post on the pinned thread, but noticed it was out of date. I will be visiting Hollywood with my family in June of 2019 (I’m an early planner.) We plan to do the typical touristy things - Hollywood sign, walk of fame, Chinese theater, maybe a studio tour), But I was wondering if there are any other can’t miss activities.

My favorite LA tourist activity is the Griffith Observatory. Beautiful building and beautiful view of all of LA, plus you get a great view of the Hollywood sign. I love just walking around the grounds and all over the observatory to find different views.

... We plan to do the typical touristy things - Hollywood sign, walk of fame, Chinese theater, maybe a studio tour), But I was wondering if there are any other can’t miss activities.

The Hollywood Sign viewing (can't go right up to the sign because it's on private property), Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre, Dolby Theater (home of the Oscars Ceremony), etc. can all be seen at the Hollywood & Highland shopping center. Parking is easy and validated (just ask at any restaurant or shop). Disney's El Capitan Theatre is right across the street (and many of the stars on the sidewalk in front of the theater are Disney related, so it's fun to look there) and shows Disney movies exclusively. It might be fun to see a movie there while you are in the area. It is an old, well restored movie house. Certain showings have the organist on the house organ -- very fun!
The Grove shopping center and next door Farmer's Market are fun locations for nice shopping, restaurants, and (usually) celebrity sitings. If you have young daughters, there is an American Girl store and cafe at the Grove -- that probably would count as "Can't Miss!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!