Holiday Tour Specifics??

tinkermell

<font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
Please explain further what the Holiday Tour entails. I know that they take you around the park, and you get to have prefered seating at the parades, but what else? Do you get to go behind the scenes at HM and SW, or just go on the rides? Do they explain how they make the decorations? Do you go to both parks? How long is it? I've snooped on the Disney site, but nothing there. I'm trying to convince my husband to go, but he's a little more reserved. Thanks!!! :tinker:

Does anyone know when they start the Holiday Tours? We always enjoy them and each year they are a little different. We'll be there the weekend after Thanksgiving and are hoping the tours will be offered then. I may call Monday morning ..

I would think that if the holiday decorations are up, then the Holiday Tours would be going. Don't they go up right after halloween?

We're going next month and I think we're going to do the tour - we've never done a tour before!

Here's what you get:

"Holiday Time at Disneyland" Guided Tour
Immerse yourself in a winter wonderland of Disney magic as you experience the Holidays at the Disneyland® Resort! Discover the holiday history of Disneyland® Park, from the early days of Walt Disney to today. Learn about holiday legends and customs of cultures throughout the world, plus, see all the enchanting decorations and celebrations in true Disney fashion.

Tour highlights:

Express boarding for "it's a small world" Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday

Commemorative pin

Reserved seating for "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade

A surprise holiday treat

Capacity: Each Tour is limited to 15 Guests

Tour Length: 2.5 hours

Does anyone know what time the tour starts. I'm trying to plan our dining times on the day we're doing the Holiday tour but I'm not sure what time to make our dinner reservations for. :confused3

Thanks!

Anybody out there who has done the tour???? Would love to hear from you and your thoughts. Thanks! :tinker:

We do the tour every year, mainly for the priority seating for the parade (though DS would say it's for the treats!). For us, it's kind of like watching those old familiar holiday specials every year on TV - it's tradition. :happytv: :santa:

Honestly, we find with the tours that so much depends on the group and the tour guide, you almost can't compare experiences. We've had fabulous tours where the people are friendly and fun and the tour guide makes sure everyone can hear and is very personable, and then we've had tours where the other people are kind of rude and pushy and our little ones were lucky to see or hear anything. :confused3 For example, when you get to the special seating for the parade, there are usually 2 rows of seats. In the friendly groups, we usually sit everyone's children up front so they can see and interact with the characters. When we were with the pushy group, the adults pushed ahead and took all the front row seats and the children of the other families couldn't see as well. Their attitude was "we paid big bucks for this and to heck with your kids". :furious: :sad2: There's not much you can do and the tour guides really can't intervene.

Pooh's Purple Pal said:
We do the tour every year, mainly for the priority seating for the parade (though DS would say it's for the treats!). For us, it's kind of like watching those old familiar holiday specials every year on TV - it's tradition. :happytv: :santa:

Honestly, we find with the tours that so much depends on the group and the tour guide, you almost can't compare experiences. We've had fabulous tours where the people are friendly and fun and the tour guide makes sure everyone can hear and is very personable, and then we've had tours where the other people are kind of rude and pushy and our little ones were lucky to see or hear anything. :confused3 For example, when you get to the special seating for the parade, there are usually 2 rows of seats. In the friendly groups, we usually sit everyone's children up front so they can see and interact with the characters. When we were with the pushy group, the adults pushed ahead and took all the front row seats and the children of the other families couldn't see as well. Their attitude was "we paid big bucks for this and to heck with your kids". :furious: :sad2: There's not much you can do and the tour guides really can't intervene.
Did you go to both parks, or do they just concentrate on DL? Where is the reserved seating at? Do you go behind the scenes at the rides? When you get on the rides, do they go with you and explain the decorations? Thanks! :tinker:

tinkermell said:
Did you go to both parks, or do they just concentrate on DL? Where is the reserved seating at? Do you go behind the scenes at the rides? When you get on the rides, do they go with you and explain the decorations? Thanks! :tinker:

Let me try to remember the Holiday Tour. I apologize if I get some of the details mixed up with the other tours. I believe the Holiday Tour was just DL. Some years the reserved seating was across from Small World and one year it was nearer to the Princess/Prince restrooms as you enter FantasyLand. You don't get to go behind the scenes, though they do talk a great deal about the rides before you go on. Once you get on the rides themselves, the guides are mostly quiet to let you enjoy the experience, though on Small World one of our guides was quite chatty with DS. :thumbsup2

WDWINJUNE! said:
Does anyone know what time the tour starts. I'm trying to plan our dining times on the day we're doing the Holiday tour but I'm not sure what time to make our dinner reservations for. :confused3

Thanks!

Im doing mine 11/29 and it starts at 4pm....

I was wondering if there is more than one tour per day. If there is, do you get assigned a time or can you choose?

kaygela said:
I was wondering if there is more than one tour per day. If there is, do you get assigned a time or can you choose?

We just booked our tour today for Nov. 17 and there were two tours that day and we got to choose which one we wanted. There is information on the disneyland site, just do a search in their search thing at the top of the page for tours. They have a list of tours that are available and everything that comes with it and prices and the number to call to book. And the CM's are extremely helpful over the phone.

when I booked, I had a choice between 1:00, 1:05, 4:00, & 4:05. Each group, I believe, is limited to 15 people.

Don't know if this has been asked yet, so sorry if it already has. I really want to go on the Holiday tour but I was wondering where in DL does the tour guide take you? I know that they take you around to small world and Haunted mansion, but where els? :confused3 Thank you for all your help! :sunny:

Would 2 almost 3 year old enjoy it? He's pretty active. Is the tour conducive to a stroller?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter