Holiday Season - Rack Rate Only?

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
We are booked at CBR 12/26/05 to 1/02/06 at rack rate :earseek: AAA rates only go up to 12/19/05. AP rates are not out that far in advance. Does anyone think they will extend AAA rates past 12/19/05? Keeping fingers :wizard: crossed for AP rate, but last year there were none for that week. I really don't want to stay off site, but $205.16 (includes tax) is a bit steep for a moderate resort at any season.

hate to have to say this, but they never have any discounts for check ins for between Christmas to New Years. No AAA, no AP, no pin codes...nothing. It's their busiest week and while every single resort doesn't completely sell out, it's close enough that they never offer any discounts. We've gone that week the last few years and have never seen a discount for a 12/26 check in. Last year we did get an AP discount for checking in 12/24 (or 12/25) but nothing beyond that.

In 2003, they had general public package discounts for checkins 11/10/03-12/26/03. AP and Florida residents disounts for checkins 10/2/03-12/26/03. We were there with an AP rate in 2003. We checked in on 12/26/03 and had the whole week between Chrismas and New Years with an AP rate. Last year, we couldn't go. They only had AP rates up to 12/25/05.

my guess is that cut off depends on what day of the week Christmas day falls on. This week it is a Sunday so I wouldn't expect to see rates extend past Christmas Day but you never know. Value season ends on the 19th with holiday season begining on the 20th, that's probably why the AAA rates end then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter