Holiday Inn Disney Springs

Loki8

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

I'm off to Disney in May for the 6th time although my first travelling on my own. I've only ever stayed onsite previously and I wanted to be just ever so slightly out of the bubble this time.

The above hotel was the only one I could find and really liked the look of that seemed to offer transport to all the parks rather than just Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

Has anyone stayed here previously and what their opinions of it are? The pictures on the website look pretty good although obviously they would. As I'm a single male traveler on my first solo trip I'm not overly fussed about it being amazing but clean and at least semi decent would be nice!

I haven't been to this hotel, but I've stayed at the Hilton and they share the bus route. Buses will go to all the parks and typically pick up at the Hilton first and work their way down Hotel Plaza Blvd before heading off to the parks.

This is a great hotel! We've stayed there before & loved it. The hotel is extremely clean, the restaurant is very good, but the staff is what makes it. Their customer service is excellent!

I agree with all of that. I'm a Hilton Honors (their frequent gust program) Gold member. That designation gives me free breakfast and an occasional upgrade. I unexpectedly stayed at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs last December because the renovation at the Buena Vista Palace was too much to handle.

I was treated better as a first-time guest at the Holiday Inn than I was at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista (where I've spent about 30 nights over the past two years). Every employee at the Holiday Inn would say hello as I walked through the hotel. Twice in two days, I had a manager approach me in the lobby and inquire if everything about my stay was satisfactory.

Great hotel.

We have stayed at every property on Hotel Plaza Blvd. several times, including the Holiday Inn and had an enjoyable experience at each of the resorts. As others have stated, the employees at this property are some of, if not the best in this area and maybe on Disney property. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

There of course is nothing "overly Disney" about the property, but that had never mattered to us at any of the properties. The pool area was always well kept and nice to hang out at after long days at the parks.

The buses run in order from The Hilton, Holiday Inn, B Resort, Double Tree and it will be the 'A' Bus. They typically run every 30 minutes to and from the parks and are pretty regular. Of course, the traffic around Disney Springs is about as bad as it's been in a while with a lot of road construction going on near the garages.

The restaurant in the mornings always had a good breakfast when we stayed there and ate there each morning before heading to the parks. I don't think you would regret staying at the Holiday Inn.

Take a look at Trip Advisor reviews. They are excellent for this property. I've had my eye on staying here if I want to do mostly Disney, stay in a hotel (For longer stays I often go the condo or house route), and won't be getting a car (I've got relatives in the are, so car is really convenient for me to meet up with them -- wouldn't be as necessary for most visitors). This hotel would be much more appealing to me (quality and price) than a Disney value or moderate hotel.

Here is the Trip Advisor link: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...Lake_Buena_Vista-Orlando_Florida.html#REVIEWS
Most the reviews are in the excellent category.

The only thing that is a negative to me is that if you have a car, they have a pretty hefty parking fee that I wouldn't want to pay. Since you might be doing shuttles to parks and with uber and lyft these day that may not be an issue for most, as a rental car wouldn't be needed.

I have a question, as we will be staying at the Holiday Inn in about 2 weeks. Since it is a partner hotel, we know that we can go to EMH, and we indeed did get our FP's 60 days out. Here's our question... we will have a rental car. We know we pay $$ each day at the hotel. If we were staying at a Disney Hotel, we would receive free parking at the parks. Since this is a partner hotel that receives the other benefits, does anyone know if we will also receive the free parking at the parks?

Unfortunately, you'll have to pay for parking daily at both the hotel and the theme parks. Free parking at theme parks is not a perk for the Disney Springs Hotels.

I have a question, as we will be staying at the Holiday Inn in about 2 weeks. Since it is a partner hotel, we know that we can go to EMH, and we indeed did get our FP's 60 days out. Here's our question... we will have a rental car. We know we pay $$ each day at the hotel. If we were staying at a Disney Hotel, we would receive free parking at the parks. Since this is a partner hotel that receives the other benefits, does anyone know if we will also receive the free parking at the parks?

The DS bus service is very good and actually runs on a schedule! If I were in your shoes, I'd forgo paying to park at the parks, and utilize the DS busses. And this coming from someone who refuses to use the regular, onsite busses.:)

This is a great hotel! We've stayed there before & loved it. The hotel is extremely clean, the restaurant is very good, but the staff is what makes it. Their customer service is excellent! I dare say...we've received better service here than at official WDW hotels.

Peggy, this review made me put it on my list of future possibilities. Sometimes I just need a quick overnight stay or two before checking into my resort. I have never stayed in the disney springs area so based on your review, this goes on the list.

I agree with all of that. I'm a Hilton Honors (their frequent gust program) Gold member. That designation gives me free breakfast and an occasional upgrade. I unexpectedly stayed at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs last December because the renovation at the Buena Vista Palace was too much to handle.

I was treated better as a first-time guest at the Holiday Inn than I was at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista (where I've spent about 30 nights over the past two years). Every employee at the Holiday Inn would say hello as I walked through the hotel. Twice in two days, I had a manager approach me in the lobby and inquire if everything about my stay was satisfactory.

Great hotel.

I love hotels with friendly staff and management that seem to be genuinely concerned about your stay. Thanks for the review. Based on your review and halfpintpeggy this is definitely a place I want to visit. I have chosen all my hotels and resorts based on reviews I see here on DIS and they always seem 'spot-on' correct. Thanks for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter