Hints/Tips about Packing for a Bus Tour

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
I have never been on a bus tour & am uncertain as to how to pack. Will I need snacks, a blanket, a travel pillow? How about the laptop, ipods, etc? I don't want to leave a lot of electronics on the bus, but I don't want to be bored during any of the longer stretches of drive time either. Thanks!

(Spirit of America trip)

I have never been on a bus tour & am uncertain as to how to pack. Will I need snacks, a blanket, a travel pillow? How about the laptop, ipods, etc? I don't want to leave a lot of electronics on the bus, but I don't want to be bored during any of the longer stretches of drive time either. Thanks!

(Spirit of America trip)
ABD's are not bus tours! The bus (motorcoach! :) ) is only used to get you from Point A to Point B. Once you get to your destination, there are activities, hikes, walking tours, etc. The bus is just transportation; you don't sit on the motorcoach and have sights pointed out to you (unless you happen to pass them on your way from Point A to Point B.) Many times you won't see the motorcoach again until it's time to return to your hotel. And if the hotel is in walking distance, not even then!

To answer your questions:

You will not need snacks unless there is something very specific you need or want. Snacks are readily available from the ABD Guides.

A blanket would be up to you. The motorcoaches I've been on have been extremely comfortable and climate-controlled, but that *may* vary by locale. If you chill easily, you might want to bring one; those are not provided. You won't be on the bus overnight or anything of that nature, you will travel during normal daytime hours. If you like a nap, you might want a blanket/pillow, but it's really not necessary (I've never seen anyone bring one, but I've only been on Adults Only trips; some may bring them for their kids).

Again, travel pillow is up to you. Most of the trips you aren't on the motorcoach for extremely long times (there are some exceptions) but if you want one, bring it. I found the seats so comfy I never used mine, and I have a really bad back.

Generally, any long stretches on the bus are between hotels. So you could bring the electronics with you, and then take them off & put them in your hotel. I know on the 2 trips I've been on, we had the same motorcoach & driver for the entire trip, and could leave anything we wanted to on the bus, which was always either locked or attended by the bus driver or both. It always felt safe to do this.

Maybe someone who has taken this specific trip can help you more. But I can try to answer any other questions you might have.

Sayhello

We were never bored on the bus because we had our wonderful guides and fellow travelers to talk to. Even my video game/iPod addicted 9-year-old never got the electronics out of the back pack. He had a lot of fun on the bus talking and playing cards with the other kids. I found the time on the bus to be a great opportunity to get to know our traveling companions better. Not suggesting that there is anything wrong with using your laptop or iPod if you want. On our last trip, there were outlets on the bus where you could recharge your electronic devices. I don't know if that is always the case though. Both trips that I've taken we left all our valuables on the bus and the guides assured us that it was safe, and I never worried about it.

(Spirit of America trip)

It's been a while since we last "spoke."

To get into the spirit of your upcoming trip imo, watch one if not both of the Disney's "National Treasures" movies because this is what you will be seeing while you are riding in the motorcoachpopcorn::. And....well......the places shown in the movie ARE what you will be seeing in person. HOW COOL is that??:thumbsup2

***** SPOILER ALERT**** (and I RARELY GIVE AWAY ANY SECRETS!) Just keep in mind that there is another Constitution Hall and such...... located in Culver City California - so just be aware of this as you are watching the movies; be it at home or while in the motorcoach. Ah yes.....the "magic" of movies - as I often wondered how Nicolas Cage was able to run while on top of those buildings!:rotfl:.

Anywho -

This way, you can spend your time conversing with other fellow adventurers and other conversing with your family because most people didn't have their eyes on the movie anyway - they were doing other things.

And please remember as the other poster said....it's a motorcoach;). DON"T worry, I too went through the same learning curve about the difference between a "***" and a motorcoach.

No, I didn't find it necessary to "thump" on a video game or my laptop or what not. I was having too much fun "sleeping" with one eye open watching the countryside roll on by as I SAT IN THE BACK. I also spent the time editing my digital pictures I took the day before.

There is a table back there your family (or your child) can sit at and play card games or what not. There are even CUP HOLDERS where that table is:cloud9:. Me? I had a total blast nibbling on snacks (that are provided by the ABD guides) and washing it down with some MUCH NEEDED Dr Pepper (my equivalent of coffee in the am).

Hope this helps!:thumbsup2 Q: Do you have a pre-day or a post day for this trip??

T.T.F.N.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter