Hilton-Universal City

goalie5hole

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Going to Cali next year, would anyone recommend the Hilton -Universal City. Is it close to all the studios??

Yep, usually stay there. Can get/use Honors points. Nice clean hotel a very short walk from US, and good breakfast. It can get somewhat pricey but some days aren't too bad.

It's a hop, skip and a jump to Universal Studios. I'm not sure about the other studios since I've never been to any of them. The hotel is a standard Hilton. They charged us $40/day for valet parking, but we arrived close to midnight and I didn't want to deal with parking after driving. As a gold Hhonors member, they gave me free continental breakfast, but there was an upcharge for anything like eggs or meat. I would stay there again only when visiting Universal Studios.

The two studios that offer tours are close. Universal: walking distance, Warner Bros: about 2 miles.

The hotel was nice but I just would avoid it. We stayed in January as it was very close to Universal Studios. We got there early and asked bell hop to hold our luggage, they told us first we had to go to the front desk first because if our room was ready they would not hold luggage. When we talked to the front desk they said our room was ready but we would need to pay $25 to check in early or we could wait 3 hours to check in to that same room (we chose the room with the app the day before so it would have sat empty for 3 hours) and if we chose not to check in right then bell hop would not hold our luggage as the room was ready. We got free breakfast for 2 and paid for my oldest since our youngest was free. We asked to buy bacon and was told it would be $10 for some bacon as we had the "free breakfast", they also took forever just to give us water to drink. On checkout they charged my bank account twice and refused to issue a refund for over a week. They kept insisting we owed more than double than our receipt showed and refused to provide our bank account with any proof on how much we actually owed since we were challenging the charges. When our bank finally just accepted my proof (which was the final bill from the hotel on checkout) and told the hotel they would refuse all charges they finally accepted to just bill what the final bill showed.

Everybody was nice while we were there, the rooms were very well done, but they were totally trying to rip us off and now I just try to avoid Hilton all together from this one experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter