Hilton Head Questions

luv2boys

DVC Boardwalk Villas
Are there any special requests I should make for HH such as building number, view, close to main building, close to pool? What is the most popular or requested building number? Probably going to get a studio.

If you will have a studio your choices are limited, as there are only 26 of them. 21 are located in the lodge area (buildings 11 and 12) and the other 5 are beneath the 5 GV's- which are at the other end of the resort.

You should request which view you think you'd enjoy- marsh or island view. The resort is small and the location of the rooms is not critical, IMHO- all are within and easy walk to any spot at the resort.

Enjoy!

We stayed in the lodge and enjoyed it. During the afternoon thunderstorms, we would sit on the different levels of the lodge where there were rocking chairs and watch the storm from all different angles. It was nice to allow the kids to go down to Big Murgies Den to play pool while we were getting things together. Sometimes there were CM's around that just kind of hung out with our kids. Once, we found B. Lou Crabbe, the master of Shadow and story teller playing a game of pool and doing card tricks with the kids!!!!

At first, it looked like a long way to walk to the pool (since our kids are part fish and live in the water), but it was maybe 5 minutes at the most, and the little "boardwalk" part is different each time we walked along it because of the tides!

OUr room was 1122 (I think)....also, it was very quiet.

Have a great time!
Karen

We've been in both the lodge and the other buildings. My personal preference is to be out in the resort, closer to the pool. However, your choices will be quite limited, because the studios are almost all in that building. We did not dislike being in the main building at all, but given my druthers, I'd be closer to the pool. On the other hand, if you like to go to the beach a lot, being at the lodge is much closer to the shuttle stop to the beach house. There are definitely pros and cons each way. And nothing is terribly far away, since it's such a small resort.

Dana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter