HHI Packing List

rwatson626

Mouseketeer
We will be staying in HHI 2 Bedroom next week for the first time and wanted to know if anyone has a packing list on what to bring to HHI. Or maybe willing to share a tip or two.

We will be flying so I might be limited on what we can bring BUT we will be renting a car so if you know of any good spots to stop and pick up some items along the way to HHI

Thanks
Ron

I agree, Kroger is awesome! We just got back from HHI over the weekend and had a blast. We have a 5 months old daughter and two boys (8,4) so we pack a ton of stuff for the beach (cart, canopy, toys, chairs) so that's gonna be hard when you fly. There is a Walmart about 10 minutes from the resort so you can pick up some chairs and an umbrella it might be cheaper than renting at the beach.

The best thing we did was rent a pontoon boat in Shelter Cove (walking distance from the resort). We went to Kroger and got lunch to have a picnic on the boat. A 2hr rental was about $240 with tax. It was so fun! My boys were driving the boat and a dolphin came so close we could have touched it. It was so friendly and social, we'll do it every year. 2hrs will get you down to the lighthouse and back.

I'm jealous, wish we were going back. No need to stress the packing, everything is available and close by.

Also, go to Kilwins next to Kroger for ice cream. The Shelter Cove Mud in a waffle cone is crazy good.

Totally forgot to mention the General Store near the Palmetto Dunes gate. They make breakfast sandwiches in the morning that are awesome! They have biscuits and grits too and they bacon is ridiculous. Ride your bike there so you don't feel too guilty when you're done.

I agree, Kroger is awesome! We just got back from HHI over the weekend and had a blast. We have a 5 months old daughter and two boys (8,4) so we pack a ton of stuff for the beach (cart, canopy, toys, chairs) so that's gonna be hard when you fly. There is a Walmart about 10 minutes from the resort so you can pick up some chairs and an umbrella it might be cheaper than renting at the beach.

The best thing we did was rent a pontoon boat in Shelter Cove (walking distance from the resort). We went to Kroger and got lunch to have a picnic on the boat. A 2hr rental was about $240 with tax. It was so fun! My boys were driving the boat and a dolphin came so close we could have touched it. It was so friendly and social, we'll do it every year. 2hrs will get you down to the lighthouse and back.

I'm jealous, wish we were going back. No need to stress the packing, everything is available and close by.

Also, go to Kilwins next to Kroger for ice cream. The Shelter Cove Mud in a waffle cone is crazy good.

Thanks for all the info. We will be traveling with my family DW, DS 11, DD 8 and my brothers family DW, DS 2, DD 7 months. I was looking to rent a pontoon boat thanks for the advice. I will have to check out Kilwins and General Store.

While they do have a nice Kroger that is reasonably priced only a couple blocks away, we still like to pack basic spices in small containers so we don't have to buy those.
Our villa this year did not have many dishes and I could not have imagined cooking for 9 with the single 9" skillet provided. It was only 5 of us but I'd have bought some paper plates to make it through more than a single meal if there was more of us.

We went to DHHIR for the first time last month.
Giuseppi's is a good Italian/pizza restaurant choice to order food from. The resort's quick service restaurants shut down early and some days after being at the pool or beach all day you just don't want to go out for dinner or cook. They deliver.

We drove to the beach every time - easy. I would pack like you would for any other beach trip.

The beach house is awesome. Get a dole whip at the quick service there, walk it on down to the beach and enjoy!

We went to DHHIR for the first time last month.
Giuseppi's is a good Italian/pizza restaurant choice to order food from. The resort's quick service restaurants shut down early and some days after being at the pool or beach all day you just don't want to go out for dinner or cook. They deliver.

We drove to the beach every time - easy. I would pack like you would for any other beach trip.

The beach house is awesome. Get a dole whip at the quick service there, walk it on down to the beach and enjoy!

Thanks

Dole Whip! My favorite

We own a three bedroom at Waterside by Spinnaker by Coligny Plaza. We drive from NY and always do our food shopping the first day. This year, we are using wegoshop for all our food and alcohol. Its the same premis as the one in Disney but in HHI.

If you are asking what to pack that is a little out of the ordinary, I would say bug spray.

Before you rent a pontoon bot, check groupon for HHI discounts. You can usually find some things to do.

We own a three bedroom at Waterside by Spinnaker by Coligny Plaza. We drive from NY and always do our food shopping the first day. This year, we are using wegoshop for all our food and alcohol. Its the same premis as the one in Disney but in HHI.

If you are asking what to pack that is a little out of the ordinary, I would say bug spray.

Before you rent a pontoon bot, check groupon for HHI discounts. You can usually find some things to do.
HHI provided bug spray wipes in the villa when we were there earlier this month.

Bug spray is a perfect example on my question on what to pack. Would have never thought of that. Other things I wanted to know is does it get cool at night should we pack sweaters? Pants?

Thanks for the tip on Groupon. Going to check it out.

I would always suggest a sweatshirt/sweater or light jacket. Beach areas get cooler and windy at night so they will be used. I second the spices packed from home. Salt and pepper can be bought in a picnic pack but if you use montreal steak seasoning or such, bring some from home in a baggie. I would also say bring plastic baggies that you can put your phone/kindle/ipad in to take to the beach. You can see them and use them without ruining them. Fine sand can really mess up your electronics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!