HH or Vero

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
Which resort do you prefer for a beach vacation and why (activities, etc)?
Which resort will be easiest to get into for June?
Are there only 6 beach houses at Vero? Do they usually go first?
Thanks!

I'd like opinions on this, too. At our school auction, we won a week's stay at either Vero or HH. Have never been to either. We have 3 children: 16, 12 & 12. Which one would be more fun for our family?
Thanks

What a decision- we love them both. Vero has the beach right at the resort. HH has a beach house, pool and beach about a mile away from condos. (Also has a pool and marsh area at the condo.) My teenagers like both places though. HH has an area within walking distance with restaurants, etc. We always take a dolphin cruise when we go to HH. Both places have some "organized Pool activities" on the weekend. Both have a great laid back feel- such a tough decision- I'd say Vero has a more "key west" feel and HH has a more southern tree kind of landscape with fishing, crabbing kind of landscape. If you love to ride bikes, the trails at HH seem better. They have bikes at Vero but you see more bikes around the condos at HH. Both towns have lots of restaurants, movies, outlet malls etc. Vero is within 2 hours of Disney if you wanted to go there for a day trip. When we are at Vero we mostly do pool and beach and activities at the condo each day. when we are at Hilton Head we seem to go out to eat more and do other stuff too.

I'll agree with babylisa4, we love them both as well. We tend to spend more time at HH than VB though because it is an easier drive for us and we never fly. However, our neighbors prefer VB over HH. They love the beach and spend much of their time at the beach, so it makes sense to be right on the ocean. We enjoy the beach but we don't spend that much time on the water, so we don't mind the drive to the beach house a few times each trip.

Thanks for the responses. Has anyone had any exper. with not being able to get in at 7 months for June? I need to call and reserve next week. Thanks

I know it is not a June reservation, but I got in a ocean view inn room with no problems at Vero over Spring Break '06 at the seven month window. I figured it would be very hard at that time of the year and there was not a single problem. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter