Hey Sci Fi vets...

Angel1

Mouseketeer
We're going to eat at Sci Fi for dinner before Fantasmic one night. W're a family of 5 and from the pictures, it looks like all tables seat 4.

Have you been a family of 5 seated there? Seen one?

Also, where in the park is Sci Fi? I can't for the life of me, picture its location....

thanks!

You will be able to sit two people to seat with three seats in the car everyone will be facing forward. They do have tables that seat more people, but i've never sat there. Sci Fi is located near star wars and that book store that has tea for only $.65

We were a party of 6 and had a 6-seater car. There were three benches in the car that sat two people each.

If I recall, Sci-fi is on a pretty busy corner near Star Tours.

Also, I'm sure you've researched a ton already and know this, but most people say to stick to burgers and fries at Sci-fi as the 'fancier' food is pretty poor. We took that advice and had a really great meal. We loved the atmosphere and the burgers were excellent. My sister and mother had the chili and they quite enjoyed that as well.

SCI-Fi is the home of the best burgers,fries and shakes in all of the World.
And their onion rings are great too.
:bounce: :bounce: :wave2:

If you go there for dinner, DO NOT EAT OFF THE DINNER MENU. Stick to the Burgers and Fries and you'll be fine. I ate off the dinner menu, and let me tell you, it was the worst food I have ever eaten. I actually stopped eating and went someplace else. It wasn't only my meal that was bad, it was my wife's and daughters also. I'm not exagerating, the food was horrible. Having said that I went there for lunch years ago and had a burger and that was good. I will tell you what we had:

My wife had the ribs - horrible
I had the catfish - awful
I forgot what my daughter had but I remember she couldn't even eat it.

If you want fancier food, go to the Brown Derby - they are very good.

SCI-FI Diner is the worst food I have ever eaten.

We're going for the ambience.

We've tried 50's PTC and MM. I'm buffeted out, and BD is a tad fancy for our 5 yo...

We'll stick to bugers and fries!

Are any of you skinny little kids?:D Because we put 3 skinny little kids together on one seat while DH and I sat in another - that way no one was alone.

We loooooove the Sci-Fi. It's an attraction in itself!

I had friends who tried to order the burgers at dinner time and their waiter told them it was a lunch item only... anyone know for sure? Thanks!

I dearly love Sci-Fi, especially when I vacation solo.

I usually order a Chicken Ceasar Salad. I try to stay away from greasy foods anyway, because my stomach is a bit "sensitive".

The atmosphere at Sci-Fi is so wonderful, you should try it at least once.

really, The only super bad food we have ever ha a wdw.

We ordered dinner, not burger and FF, we did have onion rings and that was the best part of the meal. I would not recommend eating there to anyone. Our server was not very good.

My did kids loved the shows.

Last year when we were at the Sci Fi, they told us hamburgers were the only sandwich that could be ordered at dinner.

I love the Flat Iron Steak Sandwich. It is so good and comes with Sci Fi's awesome onion rings.............YUMMY!

The cars that I remember all have 3 seats with 2 to a seat (unless the kids are really tiny).

We have only had lunch at Sci Fi. We enjoyed the burgers/rings/shakes and, in fact, thought they were very good. Fun lunch place

I was there in July and had a cheeseburger for supper. It is not listed on the menu but you can order it.

However, it cost over $10 for it so it is also dinner priced. As an alternative schedule it for an odd time and have dessert. Several cars had them and they looked wonderful. My son loved the light up drinks and the milkshakes.

Originally posted by Miss Inga Depointe
Are any of you skinny little kids?:D Because we put 3 skinny little kids together on one seat while DH and I sat in another - that way no one was alone.

We loooooove the Sci-Fi. It's an attraction in itself!
We ate at Sci-Fi last week and we were a party of 7. 3 kids (aged 4, 6 & 9) in the front, 2 adults in the middle and 2 adults in the back seat.

The kids all got drivers licenses - which they loved. We all had burgers and fries and everything was fine. A few years ago they let me order a burger for dinner even though it was not on the menu.

As someone else said - there is always the milkshake/dessert option...

"We loooooove the Sci-Fi. It's an attraction in itself!"::yes::

We always sit in the back at the picnic tables. I want to be able to talk to each other instead of looking at the back of my girl's heads. We have had the yummy onion rings and also the chicken caesar salad. Both were very good. I also agree that the ambiance is the attraction of the restaurant, not the food. But, I find that a lot. We love the restaurant in Mexico because it's so cool to sit and watch the boats and waterfalls and it's dark and interesting. The food is ok but that's not why we go. The only other place we refuse to go after many bad meals is Rainforest Cafe. I gave up on that place a long time ago.

Like most others have recommended, stick to the burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Shakes are best in WDW. As said previously, they have larger cars to seat more than 4 in a party. Service is hit and miss. Sometimes very good, sometimes lost in space. Most times, we've enjoyed it as long as you remember it ain't fancy (the food), but you can have a lot of fun there. Enjoy!

Chili and fries is what I had in October. Not bad and the price was good. Total was like 7.00. The side of fries was only 1.99. If you have small kids, get a double burger for yourself with an extra bun and an extra side of fries. That would be a cheap way to feed 3 people. :)

We're a family of five. DH sat by himself, I sat with ds, and 2 dds sat together. We were in a 6 seater. I always get the cheeseburger and root beer float. It's one of my favorites and the kids LOVE Sci-Fi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter