***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

So, this is the magical weekend where Disney updates October park hours, right? :worship:

Hope your right. AK closing at 7:30 seems a bit ridiculous for late October. Couldn't even experience Pandora at night. I'm hoping for some Evening EMH during our stay.

Hope your right. AK closing at 7:30 seems a bit ridiculous for late October. Couldn't even experience Pandora at night. I'm hoping for some Evening EMH during our stay.
So am I. With all the hype and excitement surrounding Pandora it doesn't make sense to close so early during a busy time. I was looking at last years hours and AK was open until 8:30, and that was pre-Pandora!

Yay! FP window opened today, and I got the Na'vi river ride on 2 separate days. Once we decide for sure which day we're going to AK. FOP wasn't available on either the 3rd or 5th day we'll be there, for only 2 people. Guess it's very popular!

Not sure if anyone saw, but there is a new Fantasmic! Dessert package available to book!

Tasty Treats and VIP Seats

Please your sweet tooth with a delicious dessert experience while enjoying some of the best seats in the house.

It all starts at the Fantasmic! theater where you’ll pick up your freshly prepared snacks inspired by the show. Menu items feature a variety of sweet and salty sensational treats for adults or children such as chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers and make-your-own “worms and dirt” pudding.

To quench your thirst, enjoy a specialty drink served in a souvenir cup (alcoholic for Guests 21 and older).

After you pick up your food and beverage, you’ll be directed to a VIP reserved seating area for Fantasmic!Then, just sit back, enjoy—and watch the nighttime extravagant musical where the forces of good and evil battle it out in Mickey’s dream.

Don’t miss the chance to get delicious treats and VIP seats!

Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience
$39 per adult
$19 per child (ages 3 to 9)

Includes tax; gratuity not included or required. Separate park admission is also required. Alcohol will only be served to Guests ages 21 and older. Events are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Advanced online reservations are highly recommended as this event will fill up quickly. Walk-ins are welcome but based on availability. Book online or by calling (407) 939-3463.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dessert-vip-viewing/

Yay! FP window opened today, and I got the Na'vi river ride on 2 separate days. Once we decide for sure which day we're going to AK. FOP wasn't available on either the 3rd or 5th day we'll be there, for only 2 people. Guess it's very popular!

I had to book it for my 7th day. I kept hearing people say that if you booked it for your 4th day or later it was easier but thats not what I saw when I was booking-there was nothing until my 6th day and only morning slots on my 7th day. It is surely very popular and the lack of availability even 5 days out is making me wonder how crowded the parks will be during our trip. Yikes!

I had to book it for my 7th day. I kept hearing people say that if you booked it for your 4th day or later it was easier but thats not what I saw when I was booking-there was nothing until my 6th day and only morning slots on my 7th day. It is surely very popular and the lack of availability even 5 days out is making me wonder how crowded the parks will be during our trip. Yikes!

See, this is what makes me crazy when I read this and then look at those AK closing times staying stubbornly at 7 and 7:30! Maybe it's good that I'm going back to work Monday. I won't have time to obsessively check MDE multiple times a day!

See, this is what makes me crazy when I read this and then look at those AK closing times staying stubbornly at 7 and 7:30! Maybe it's good that I'm going back to work Monday. I won't have time to obsessively check MDE multiple times a day!

If you're a teacher like me (I am guessing you might be since you said you are returning to work Monday) you WILL NOT have any time to obsess or even enjoy the planning process the first month of school. we went back July 27th and I am too pooped and getting home to late at night have the oomph to obsess over anything. I poured cereal in my coffee this morning. :faint:

If you're a teacher like me (I am guessing you might be since you said you are returning to work Monday) you WILL NOT have any time to obsess or even enjoy the planning process the first month of school. we went back July 27th and I am too pooped and getting home to late at night have the oomph to obsess over anything. I poured cereal in my coffee this morning. :faint:
:)
Yes, you guessed correctly! My favorite part of summer has been not being totally exhausted all the time!
However, I am retiring after this year, so no matter what kind of year it is, my mantra will be this is the last time! I realize it will be the last time for the good stuff too, but I am in Sp. Ed., and I am not in the physical shape I need to be to do this anymore. But, my DD is a teacher too, so I plan to volunteer in her classroom! I am so glad my FP day was when I was home! I will miss not being able to hang out here as much, but I will make this thread a high priority!

Forgot to pop in on FP day, which was Monday. I had added a night at Pop before our Poly week awhile back, and was able to make all our FPs for the entire trip on the 60 day mark for Pop check in. I know there's often confusion about that with split stays, so I wanted to make sure I mentioned it was possible!

I got our FoP passes for our 4th park day, Wednesday 10/18. I had wanted them around 1pm, but the earliest available was 3:05pm. I ended up settling for 3:25 - 4:25 and switching up our plans a little. Even though that was the earliest time, there were a lot available from that time on through the evening.

Choosing my other day's passes proved to be more tricky...not because they weren't available, but b/c I'm getting myself all worked up about picking the "right" things for my mom, who is a ride chicken. I'm forcing her on FoP, haha! And Mine Train.

This was our first week back to school so things are getting crazy around here...I feel good about leaving my plans alone for awhile and putting my energy elsewhere. Although that's pretty much been the name of the game for this trip, it's still pretty sad and neglected compared to past visits!

12 days till my fastpass date. But not only am I trying to plan what I want for that but now I am rethinking all of my dining!! LOL!!

Please tell me other people do the same thing. LOL. I have been 3 times before and never changed my dining so much. The only things that are 100% are some of my breakfasts.

12 days till my fastpass date. But not only am I trying to plan what I want for that but now I am rethinking all of my dining!! LOL!!

Please tell me other people do the same thing. LOL. I have been 3 times before and never changed my dining so much. The only things that are 100% are some of my breakfasts.

I changed the times on several of my easy to get ADR's after getting my fast passes so my touring plan would gel a bit better. I obviously did change either of my BOG ADR's because I couldn't even if I wanted to.

I have also gone back over a few menus to make sue that there really is something for each of us at all of our ADR's and to get ideas for what I want to eat.

I would love to hear feedback from any of you seasoned travelers on our buffet choices though-My son loves buffets so we are doing a few. I picked buffets that are well reviewed in general but...word of mouth of diss'ers is helpful too.
-Tusker House lunch/dinner
-Biergarten lunch
-Cape May Dinner

I changed the times on several of my easy to get ADR's after getting my fast passes so my touring plan would gel a bit better. I obviously did change either of my BOG ADR's because I couldn't even if I wanted to.

I have also gone back over a few menus to make sue that there really is something for each of us at all of our ADR's and to get ideas for what I want to eat.

I would love to hear feedback from any of you seasoned travelers on our buffet choices though-My son loves buffets so we are doing a few. I picked buffets that are well reviewed in general but...word of mouth of diss'ers is helpful too.
-Tusker House lunch/dinner
-Biergarten lunch
-Cape May Dinner

I can only speak for Tusker House Lunch. I am torn there. The first time we went it was delicious. The next time the following year, not so much. But, it was a great atmosphere. Very good character interactions.

Have you thought about Crystal Place or 1900 Park Fare? Those were pretty tasty too. At least I thought so.

Finally booked our Halloween party (10/5), so now all is sorted.

The only thing that hasn't worked out time wise is DH's golf, but sessions may yet be available closer.

Made 2 FP for the Halloween party, because we have other MK days, 2 was enough to make me feel like we will hit everything we want.

It really feels like it is getting close now!

It was my fastpass booking morning! I got FoP for my 5th day and FEA on my 4th with no issue there were a handful of times available for both. 7DMT was available on both MK days. I was so nervous about being able to schedule FoP but I was on right at 7am et and managed to grab everything I wanted. Booking in order of priority is key! Get that FoP and/or FEA scheduled later in your trip and book them FIRST.

Next Saturday I make fast passes for me and Micky, we are scheduled to arrive on 10/25. Also for my sister who arrives on the 29th - she has a ticket and room only.
Then on 8/29 I have to wake up and make fast passes for my brother who arrives on the 28th - he has a package so have to wait until his window opens even though we are linked.
Then on 8/30 I have to wake up and make fast passes for my other sister who arrives on the 29th!!! Also a package.
I'm going to have to try and mirror their fast pass times as close to my times as possible so we can all ride together. I think I will only have problems with Mine Train and FEA.
No clue if I will be able to get them FOP at all...sigh.

Next Saturday I make fast passes for me and Micky, we are scheduled to arrive on 10/25. Also for my sister who arrives on the 29th - she has a ticket and room only.
Then on 8/29 I have to wake up and make fast passes for my brother who arrives on the 28th - he has a package so have to wait until his window opens even though we are linked.
Then on 8/30 I have to wake up and make fast passes for my other sister who arrives on the 29th!!! Also a package.
I'm going to have to try and mirror their fast pass times as close to my times as possible so we can all ride together. I think I will only have problems with Mine Train and FEA.
No clue if I will be able to get them FOP at all...sigh.
That's a lot of early mornings! I hope they all get you a disney treats for your efforts:flower3:

Ha! My treat will be that no one annoys me on this vacation! ;) (I'm not used to traveling with family...)
Good luck with that...when my hubby and I took our adult daughter and son, along with spouses, it was a real pain just trying to get them involved in the planning....we finally decided that to save sanity, we would just make our plans to have one big meal together a day, and after that, make our own plans - if they wanted to tag along, fine...if they wanted to do something else, that was fine too.... it still was quite a challenge! herding-cats-is-not-vacation.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!